Ignored by atc

Guess what? I’m being completely ignored by atc AGAIN! AGAIN! Who’s in ground at kiah rn? I want to talk to him

1 Like

Is there a gate hold? It’s pretty busy. Gate holds are used when there’s a large amount of traffic on the ground so they can control how many aircraft are departing so it doesn’t overload the ground with heavy traffic.

7 Likes

Well there’s literally an event going on. Please expect delays, it even says so in the ATIS. Always make sure to check that frequency as it can possibly answer your question

9 Likes

Controllers are humans, they may forget someone. We are not robots, if you think you are ignored resend the message. (possibly not too early)

5 Likes

But for some reason I’m forgotten pretty much every single event, explain that

Ok I’ve checked the ATIS. Currently flow control is in affect. This controls the amount of departures at a certain time. Aircraft are expected to have a delay when this is on. They will get to you soon.

4 Likes

Before everyone says ohh it’s bush be patient. There are 2 ground frequencies rn, and I was on the south side and when I was requesting no one else was moving, basically what happened at Orlando all over again.

1 Like

Contact your controller.

1 Like

I meant busy

Normally if there a heavie traffic like usually at LHR while approaching or departing I would send a message the first time but if they don’t respond give it about five minutes.

1 Like

Yes, I understand it can feel like your forgotten even with two ground freqs open but the controllers are communicating and are only allowing small groups to push at a time most likely to limit the departures at one time. Everyone is in the same boat right now. :)

2 Likes

Is there a way to do that other than in IFC? I have heard people talking about it, but I can never find any controllers or players that I want to talk to on the IFC.

But everyone that requested after me was being answered before me, it was like I wasn’t there. It was basically like Orlando, Heathrow and wherever else I’ve gone that has atc

Simply see the name in the game, search in the users list and send a PM.

2 Likes

Mate, patience. If it bothers you that you aren’t pushing in such a busy event, there are other open airports where you can fit in perfectly without having to wait for VA traffic.

8 Likes

The ramp controller is @Andrew_Swift, please contact him. Other grounds are the Wing brothers. Event is in progress, be patient! Maybe should’ve signed up for the event yourself, it was fun!

3 Likes

But it shouldn’t be that busy that their unable to handle one plane

There are specific procedures in place. If you don’t like them, leave.

4 Likes

@Chris_Wing and @Andrew_Swift were the 2 ground controllers. Contact them

1 Like

It was your decision to spawn in the HUB of today.

3 Likes