IFVARB Information Thread

thread-banner

IFVARB - The Infinite Flight Virtual Airline Regulatory Board

thumbnail Official IFVARB Virtual Organisation Information Post

Official Virtual Organisation Database | Website | How to create a Virtual Airline | Infinite Flight User Blacklist

plane (1) What is the IFVARB?

The Infinite Flight Virtual Airline Regulatory Board is the governing and assisting body that controls and coordinates all efforts and operations going on within the VA community.

organization What is a virtual airline/organisation? - A Definition

A virtual organisation (VO) is a dedicated hobby organisation that uses the Infinite Flight Simulator to model the real-world operations of an airline or group. Alternatively, the group may be an original one.

This can include “ground school” training programs, event groups, flying clubs, and ATC groups as well as training flights in order for the VA to help provide further experience as well as to extend the skills of their members.

Groups of any sort that wish to utilise the VA category must be certified regardless.

megaphone The IFVARB Mission Statement

The Infinite Flight Virtual Airline Regulatory Board is designed and intended to enhance the VA sector of the Infinite Flight Community.

IFVARB is intended to make VA’s more professional, organised, and in line with the guidelines and standards of the community. In addition, the organisation should help to clear up some of the clutter on the forum that certain members find inconvenient and irritating, whilst making the presence of Virtual Airlines clearer, more beneficial, and less confusing for all those that don’t.

Our main aim, is to benefit new and existing, good quality VAs that truly bring something to the community, by creating a professional, organised, and pleasant atmosphere for them to thrive and grow within.

network The Team
IFVARB is made up of a team of volunteers, all who bring different qualities to the table and are dedicated, and passionate about, further improving the VA community.

IFVARB Team Members

Supervising Moderators | The community moderators that oversee all of the operations within IFVARB.

Supervising Moderator | @Carson
Supervising Moderator | @Levet
Supervising Moderator | @Chris_S

Administrators | The managers of IFVARB and frontline personnel for dealing with VA matters.

Administrator | @JoshFly8
Administrator | @IceBlue
Administrator | @DeerCrusher
Administrator | @BluePanda900
Administrator | @DanMan

Senior Member | TBA | The user responsible for assissting the admins in overseeing all of IFVARB as a whole, and ensuring quality, professionalism, and fairness in all that the board does.

Head Member | @Chris_S | The user responsible for overseeing all VA/VO scoring and assisstance by the members within IFVARB.

Member | @Dush19
Member | @Cleipelt
Member | @Pilot8
Member | @RAH
Member | @Ksisky
Member | @brunocr98
Member | @Damian
Member | @Laura_Murphy
Member | @ewanfleming

Head Of Moderation | | The user responsible for ensuring the fair, efficient, and thorough moderation of the members’ scoring.

Moderator | @DavidCutler
Moderator | @Dush19

VA Guides | @BluePanda900 | The individuals on hand to assist a VA or VO through the certification process, even from start to finish if need be!

VA Live Related Matters Consultant | @Tim_B

clock The Process

1. Firstly, the user will contact an administrator - the administrator will confirm that the VA is eligible to be made, and that the candidate is eligible to run it.

2. Then, the user will proceed to fill out a mission statement, the template for which will be provided beforehand. If the mission statement is not of suitable quality then the necessary feedback will be given to improve it, for it to be reviewed again, unless the process is ended there and then.

3. Upon acceptance of the mission statement, the user will need to provide a website. This website will be passed onto the boardmember team for scoring. 3 board members will score it out of 10 - 7/10, or 21/30 will be the passing minimum.

4. Before the scoring is fed back to the VA/VO, it will be moderated to ensure fairness and reasonability by a member of the moderation team.

The user will then receive a message congratulating them of their certification, and containing a little bit of useful info for new CEOs - the VA will also be quickly added to the database. Alternatively, if a passing score is not achieved first time around, then the necessary feedback from the board members will be passed on, in order to enable the VA or VO to pass the next time round. A conditional pass may be granted - where certification is granted, but on the grounds that certain improvements will be promptly made.

target The Policies

• Before a VA/VO has a presence in the community, they must be certified via the process detailed above. Any form of virtual organisation within the IFC will fall under this criteria.

• All posts in the VA Category must be approved by a moderator or admimistrator beforehand.

• VAs, their leaders, their staff, and their members, are all expected to act in a respectable and reasonable manner both within and externally, to the IFC.

• Copying content made by other VAs/VOs is not permitted - be original.

• Any form of “spying” or “virtual espionage” or any of that childish nonsense won’t be tolerated.

• Any form of attacking and/or trolling of other VA/VO will not be tolerated. Each offense will be handled individually and may result in suspension and/or removal from the community.

• VAs should only be advertising in the VA Category, not via PM to users directly.

• Whilst lots of activity is encouraged, VAs should only be bumping threads to a reasonable extent.

• Topic Titles in the VA Category should not be excessively long, contain screaming caps, and should be professional.

• Users that stop and start VAs may only restart a VA at the discretion of the Administration Team.

• Users in bad standing in the community may be denied access to the certification process. Users/VAs that come into bad standing may have action taken against them.

• No users present on the blacklist, linked both here and down below, should have any involvement with community VAs.

• Incidents of misbehaviour on the Live Servers will be left to individual VAs to deal with internally for now (although we may want a real quick summary of the action to be taken), unless it repeatedly becomes an issue that is not improving. We don’t expect to or want to intervene though really. In cases where pilots are clearly repeat trolls, they may be added to a section of the blacklist to help avoid the repuation of any other VAs being damaged.

In order to avoid any VA related incidents, we advise VAs to keep users who may seem to be a bad apple out of the VA as a whole, and especially the staff team. Same goes for VA staff and leaders - we would advise staying away from bad apples and any other groups or places which have a bad history. IFVARB in no way monitors users, but if a serious report is made and is able to be backed up, there will zero tolerance for trash talking and trolling. In order to protect the IFC a wide net is often cast with incidents such as this, so we advise sticking to good people and good places, although that is of course at ones own discretion.

chatting FAQ

How can I contact an admin?

You can either PM them here on the forum or DM them via the IFVARB slack.

How can I have my positive and negative feedback heard?

The #userfeedback channel of the IFVARB Slack. A member will gladly respond to your praise or concerns.

How can I join the IFVARB Slack?

PM an Admin here on the forum with your email address and they’ll get you set up.

cardinal-points Important Links

Credits
  • This is the official community thread of IFVARB. There is no warranty for errors.
  • Thread Design and image design made with like by @CasaAviation
  • Icons designed by Freepik from Flaticon
  • Images are free for commercial use by PEXELS

thread-banner (1)

48 Likes

Good to know. Thanks for making this!

4 Likes

Well done IFVARB, things are really coming to fruition and everything looks great!

9 Likes

Happy to announce @BluePanda900 has been added to the IFVARB Admin team!

15 Likes

Well done @BluePanda900 on the promotion! I’m sure you’ll be a great addition.

3 Likes

Congratulations BluePanda!

2 Likes

Thanks everyone! Looking forward to my new role as admin here at the board!

13 Likes

And another one! Welcome @Danman to the admin team people!

7 Likes

Congratulations @BluePanda900, @Danman!

3 Likes

Congratulations Danman!

3 Likes

Thank you @PlaneCrazy @Cole_Collins for your kind words. I look forward to continuing my involvement in the IFVARB in this new role.

8 Likes

Congrats @BluePanda900 !!! Thanks for helping me create the Sun Country Virtual website! :)

3 Likes

Invitation? Please would be Appreciated

@Alfonso22

Just do what it says and I’m sure they’ll invite you. I don’t think they will post a link publicly for security reasons.

3 Likes

PM me with your email address, and I’ll get you added.

1 Like

Greetings!

I bring you guys an update from the IFVARB. Effectively immediately, @Wren will be actively recruiting as an “IFVARB-Recruiter” selecting individuals to join the IFVARB. Criteria being looked into individuals will not be disclosed but rather looking at the IFC member as a whole and what they can bring to the table. Some things to emphasize:

• Do not message Wren or any of the admins regarding the recruitment. If we are interested in you, Wren will contact you.

• If you have already been in contact with the recruiter, do not spam his inbox to get updates on the process. We are volunteering to fulfill these roles outside of our busy daily lives.

• We do ask for some moderate activity. Meaning being active a few times per week. Not necessarily an everyday task.

23 Likes

Nice very interesting.

Professionally written thread! Thanks for making VAs in the Community greater than before!

2 Likes

Would love this! Good Luck to all those that fancy it!

1 Like