IFVARB Feedback And Questions Thread

@mwe2187 Thanks. The only other concern I have is with the name of my VA, I worry that it may sound similar to that of another VA, would that be an issue?

1 Like

If it’s a fictional VA (Virtual Airline), I would say yes. But if it’s a real life airline, then there’s nothing for you to worry about.

My fictional VA that I am developing is called Cielitalia, is it too similar to Alitalia VA?

1 Like

I would say it’s a bit similar but not too much because of a pronunciation difference. However, you should mostly be asking an IFVARB (Infinite Flight Virtual Airline Regulatory Board) administrator for these types of questions to get a proper confirmed and verified answer. The available administrators and which region they control should be listed in the IFVARB official website.

1 Like

If you haven’t been fully approved yet are you allowed to start operations such as pilots, etc?

You are not allowed to start recruiting pilots until you are approved. Although you are free to start recruiting staff when the approval process begins.

1 Like

Thanks mate for the clarification.

1 Like

After months and months of preparing my now approved VA, I thought I’d just give a little thanks and shoutout to the Admins who made the process smooth and as fast as humanly possible.

Big thanks to Chris Hoover for over seeing the whole operation and remaining professional at all times. It made the whole final leg of the approval stage a lot easier.

Anyone who is looking to create a VA, you should know it’ll take a while, but it’s totally worth the wait. I started in May (mid) of 2019, and ended in August (late) of 2019. Around 3 or 4 months.

14 Likes

After 4 months of hard work and dedication, I am very pleased to say that my VA, Widerøe Virtual is finally IFVARB approved.

I would like to sincerely thank the IFVARB team (including reviewers), @BluePanda900 and especially @Chris_Hoover for making the approval of my beloved VA a pleasant experience!

As @Evan has already mentioned in the post above, you’re going to have to need that required patience and dedication if you want to create an outstanding VA.

4 Likes

Hi you two, glad that you guys are proud owners of newly certified VAs. Congrats on making it through the process!

Something I have noticed, a reoccurring theme, is that people are waiting a considerable amount of time before they are approved. I will say that we at the IFVARB are striving to have faster turnover times. We have recently been taking steps in the right direction by adding new members and making the review process more simpler for our members, but there is still work to do.

It is notable to mention that our users need to meet us in the middle, as we cannot speed up turnover times if the user is inactive/takes a long time to respond. (Not directing this at you crew or Dutch, this is just something I’d like to mention.)

So as I’ve said, we are trying our best to ensure we can get VAs certified as fast as possible. We will continue to try and find ways to shorten this wait time to better benefit those individuals who strive to lead a prestigious virtual airline in such a great community. Cheers!

20 Likes

Is there a guide to make a thread?

Currently, no, however that is something that I’d consider making available to you all. Give me a few days and I’ll see what I can do. ;)

7 Likes

That would be awesome @Chris_Hoover! However, it isn’t really needed all to much as you can just have a look at other VA’s threads…

It depends. Please check some posts above, so we don’t repeat the same things over and over again, and I am sure that your question will be answered.

Umm can I stop the process of making my VA

Of course you can. Message @IFVARB and they will help you out.

And then will I be able to make a different one?

I am not sure about that. I see that you already applied for one… Your best bet is to message them.

Alright I’ll do that. On the if community

1 Like

Ok will do. Also Dutch do I need pro to apply for your VA?