IFVARB Feedback And Questions Thread

When i apply, do IFVARB admins also take a look at discord/slack server?

Hey there JetWig, I’m pretty sure they don’t check your server, however they will just make sure you have some valid software for communication :), hope this answers your question!

-Hyperaviation.

We do not, but we’re happy to take a look and give feedback. We have requirements, though. For example, your server cannot be public; every member must have an IFC account in good standing.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Cheers!

I would like you guys to have a look of course!

Hi, am I allowed to DM people to ask them to be staff for my upcoming VA?

Once you have a VA reserved and have begun the process, you may use the thread below:

1 Like

Yes, I know that and I already posted there but nobody has applied for a staff position, am I allowed to PM people on the IFC?

We do have a policy regarding PMs and DMs as follows:

VAs should only be advertising in the VA category on the IFC; advertising through unsolicited direct messages on any communication platform, including Discord, Slack, and the IFC, is strictly prohibited.

While this policy item was worded for certified VAs and VOs, it certainly applies to request for staff by applicants going through certification. You may PM/DM people you know, of course, like your friends, but not people you don’t directly know.

Hope this answers your question, but let us know if not.

1 Like

Can I request for staff members if the VA is reserved but not into reviewing process yet?

Hi there, @JetWig

The Prospective VA Staff Request Thread can be used by prospective CEOs applying to start a VA/VO once their application is in Phase 2, which is the review stage. So, essentially, once the application is reviewed by the Admin Team and accepted (not guaranteed.)

To clarify: Submission of a VA/VO application does not guarantee reservation of an airline. We consider an airline reserved once an application is accepted; we send a separate PM on the IFC if and when we accept an application.

Feel free to ask any other questions you may have.

Cheers!

Thanks Jon! So, i can use that prospective va thread when i’m in the “awaiting review” or “being reviewed” phase? Or is it only when i’m “being reviewed”

It’s the Being Reviewed phase.

And how long does it usually take to pass from “awaiting review” to “being reviewed

Depending on the Team availability and your availability.

Perfect, thanks for your help @Baba and good luck with your brand new VA!

1 Like

Np mate always here to help and thank you!

Another question, I can’t yet create a VA thread if i’m in the being reviewed stage can I?

1 Like

Correct, you can only create a VA thread once you’ve been officially accepted by the IFVARB.

2 Likes

Noted, thanks!

1 Like

Is KLAX a hub for DHL? And does anyone know where I can get a list of DHL’s hubs?