Region: Carribean Isles
Airports: TFFJ and TRPG
Time: 2000Z for Game One but times will switch around to accommodate the four games
NOTAM: Well guys Infinite Flight Pictures Media is back, bringing you our Fourth Weekly Event. Let me once more reassure you that my beta team has tested and retested this, feedback was multiplied, and pilots alike agreed on especially one thing, it was “amazing”.
So you may ask yourselves, what does “Capture the Flag” have to do with Infinite Flight.
There will be two teams of two fighter pilots each, facing off against a team of equal size (i.e. 2 vs 2). The goal of this event/game is the same as Capture the Flag just much more interesting 😉.
MODE of PLAY:
- a group of 2 fighter pilots per team spawns in their respective airports.
- Team TRPG spawns in airport “TRPG”
- Team TFFJ spawns in airport “TFFJ”
- the middle boundary line is the line cutting the two squares in half diagonally (as seen in the picture above)
- Once the event begins, each team may takeoff and appoint a fighter pilot to remain behind circling their airport (flag) or go on the offensive and take both team members into enemy territory
- the two teams then rush to the border and begin the game like it was in ground. You may go as high as low or as far around as you wish. Your goal is to land at the opponents airport (you can crash there or land doesn’t matter you just have to touch the airport tarmac somehow) judges circling the air in A321 will note down how many points (found by how many times one team crashes in the enemies airport)
- in order to “tag” another team member of the enemy side you have to get close to them. If you are on your side of the border and chasing an enemy fighter, and their icon turns RED, for more than 5 seconds, he is effectively “out”. Once you have been tagged you MUST return and spawn at your home airport before taking off. Judges will also check your distance between aircraft. If we see a distance of less then 200 feet you must exit and respawn at your airport. This is not all bad. If you respawn and takeoff and see an enemy fighter streaking toward you its an easy chance at intercepting him. So think of the pros and cons for being out. Plan strategically.
The tournament will work this way :
A game will be 2 pilots versus 2 pilots.
There will be three games (not at the same time)
A set will be the victor of one game vs the victor of the opposite game. The winner of that game faces off in the CaptureBowl.
The team who wins its 2nd game will face off against the Third Team, which will be two IFPM Staff Moderators.
Any questions just drop them below. If you would like to sign up for a team please comment below and I’ll try and get people who can work together around the same time zone. Heads up, this thread will be updated probably every day leading up to the event so keep an eye on it.
Winner of Game One:
Winner of game Two:
Game Four: CaptureBowl
Winner of Game Three vs Third Team