For round 2 I’m gonna bring back an old favourite from last year.
This year we will be using EBCI. This runway is just under 8000ft long.
The object is to get to the highest speed possible down the runway, but then aborting and stopping before the end of the runway. Basically a game of runway chicken. If you overshoot the runway, then your attempt it invalid and you get no score. Highest speed wins :)
- Spawn in at EBCI.
- Ground will not be active, please taxi direct to runway 32R. Please check before crossing runways.
- Hold short of 07 in the takeoff queue, contact tower when first in line.
- Request takeoff. You will be told to line up before departure, do so when told.
- When given takeoff clearance, accelerate down the runway, as fast as possible.
- Do not take off! Instead abort the takeoff.
- Come to a stop on the runway, and exit.
- Taxi back to parking, or back round for a second attempt.
Competitors are limited to 2 attempts.
Server: Training Server 1. Please follow ATC instructions.
Time: 2 Sessions: Saturday 19th starting 2000Z, and Sunday 20th starting 0930Z. This is to accommodate time zones.
Aircraft: Boeing 747-400 only. Other aircraft are invalid.
Good luck :)