Firstly sorry for the uninspired name. I’m tired.
To begin this year, we’re gonna be having a relay race. It’s fairly uncomplicated, but as always be sure to read all the rules before the event.
The race will be run over 6 legs, starting and finishing at EHAM. At the end of each leg, the pilot will need to switch to a different pilot. It will work as follows:
- Pilot 1 takes off from the first airport, to the second airport.
- Pilot 2 waits at the landing runway of the second airport.
- Pilot 1 makes an approach for landing, where the changeover happens. Changeovers can be done how you like, there are 2 rules:
- Pilot 2 must not have lifted off before Pilot 1 touches down.
- The 2 aircraft must not crash into each other.
- Breaking either of these rules = 10 second time penalty.
This is a possible route; the only requirement is that you go between the runways below:
Takeoff from EHAM 24
Land EBBR 20 with next pilot taking off
Land EBCI 07 with next pilot taking off
Land EDDK 32R ‘’
Land EHDL 20 ‘’
Land EHAM 36R
Lowest timed score wins (measured by the time it takes for you to touch down at EHAM)
Contestants can fly one or more legs, this means teams need a minimum of 2 competitors as you must change pilots after every leg. Teams with 4 or more competitors will receive a small time bonus.
Aircraft restriction: A320 family.
Time: Around 2000Z, 12/11/16 (Saturday). Team leaders should organise an exact time with me. Team AU will be able to compete at a different time (probably Sunday morning zulu.)
Good luck ;)
@Wren_Jago and @Bluepanda900 helped me greatly planning for this, expect to see them there also ;)