IFMP Question of the day | 1/23/18 Answer posted

Is it Christmas eve when you are flying? Are you heading straight toward santa?! 😂😂😂

Good job guys most of you got this one. Sorry for the late answer yesterday was nuts.

7 Likes

Whew. I actually got one right :)

2 Likes

Keep these coming. I’m sure many people here are learning through these questions.

3 Likes

I’ll keep doing them last night was just nuts so I didn’t have time to prepare one for today.

2 Likes

1/20/18 Question of the day

You are approaching a Uncontrolled airfield. When tuning into the frequency do you first?

• (A) Announce inbound
  • (B) Request traffic advisories
  • © Send traffic advisories
  • (D) Listen for active traffic

0 voters

2 Likes

Sorry for the delay everyone it was a crazy week.

2 Likes

Shouldn’t you let other pilots in the area know your intentions, before all else?

I don’t know should you?

1 Like

Uuuuuuhhhhhhh… Sticking with my gut on this one!

Appreciate ya doing this Brandon. Should be required reading.

2 Likes

Oh it’s getting close

Here is today’s answer great job to those who got it. For those that didn’t feel free to ask questions.

Next question posts at 0000Z.

6 Likes

Good idea to listen first, but failing to hear any traffic on the channel, requesting traffic advisories is a double check of both TX and RX of the system. Announcing inbound is TX in the blind, never a optimum situation. So…I take a zero for today, but I will always request the advisory even after listening. Appreciate ya!

1 Like

1/21/18 Question of the day

You have just arrived at the hold short. An aircraft has just announced he’s on final at 5NM. Can you Takeoff?

• (A) Yes
  • (B) No

0 voters

Depends on the aircraft in the scenario.

• Cessna 172 on 5nm final and a B737 holding short, then yeah, I’d take off. 😉

Were it the other way around, it could be cutting it close.

6 Likes

In a 172 you would have time to get dressed.

1 Like

If there’s a 172 on final, I’m definitely going for it, even if I’m in an A388. I think I’m gonna sit this one out, a good lawyer (and a bad one) can argue for both answers.

1 Like

Seems like an open-ended question. Yeah, you can take off, but have you been instructed to do so?

Reguardless of Type the answer is the same.

We are at an uncontrolled field.