IFMP Question of the day | 1/23/18 Answer posted

When you thought you were wrong coz ur the only one but you’re right.

3 Likes

1/7/18 Question of the day

You have just landed at KATL on runway 26R. Upon landing tower instructs you to Exit Left hold short runway 26L what is the proper communication exchange after you exit the runway?

• (A) Stay on tower frequency, Hold short of 26L, and await crossing instructions.
  • (B) Contact Ground while still on the runway and request taxi to parking.
  • © Contact Ground when off the runway, and request to cross runway 26L
  • (D) Exit the runway to the right, and request frequency change from tower.

0 voters

3 Likes

Sorry, don’t know why it wouldn’t let edit my post. IRL it’s going to be exit left, join Bravo and Victor contact ground. You will almost never cross 26L. They have the “drive through” that goes around 26L.

3 Likes

The poll for today closes at 2200Z

2 Likes

The answer for today has been posted good work community.

5 Likes

1/8/18 Question of the day

You’re doing radar patterns where approach, and departure are active. Upon departure you are handed to departure control, and request An ILS approach for runway XX. After accepting the request, and vectoring for a bit departure hands you off to approach. What is the proper way to call up approach?

• (A) Check in with approach
  • (B) Request an ILS approach to runway XX
  • © Say nothing, and continue on the last heading and altitude assigned by departure.
  • (D) Request an Altitude change

0 voters

3 Likes

You’d be surprised as to how many people on expert “check in” without being handed off, and the amount who don’t “check in” after being handed off…

5 Likes

2 more hours to get your answer in for today’s poll. Tomorrow will be a lot more challenging.

2 Likes

Today’s answer idk what @schyllberg was thinking lol 😂 If you guys have any suggestions for topics let me know. Next question posts at 0000Z

6 Likes

@schyllberg I might leave my landing lights on at cruise but at least I kind of know how to communicate with app 😜

4 Likes

Ah crap. I thought i removed that! Well, go ahead. Have fun at my expense.

Chatta, open a frequency and stop chatting. Kbye.

9 Likes

1/9/18 question of the day

You are flying a A320-200 into KSFO. Visibility is reported at 900 meters. You have been cleared for the ILS approach runway 28R. What actions do you need to take from first to last judging by the picture?

• (A) Pitch down, Add power, increase speed, descend, turn right
  • (B) Add power, pitch up, climb, turn left
  • ( C ) Add power, pitch down, increase speed, turn left
  • (D) Add power, Pitch down, increase speed, turn right

0 voters

7 Likes

Something in mind that as you add power with full flaps, you will start to gain lift (pitch up). Also, since you have a small tailwind and you’re already near stall, you don’t want to immediately pitch up and start climbing after adding throttle. That’s why I chose C instead of B but I’m interested to know the correct answer for this scenario.

3 Likes

I’m really stuck on this one. I chose B because according to the picture, you are below the altitude for the ILS approach, which means you would need to pull up. BUT, the speed is low, which would imply you’d need to pitch down to gain speed. BUT, there isn’t no stall warning, so you wouldn’t explicity have to follow stall rules.

Very interesting question!

2 Likes

Notice how the flaps are at FULL.

1 Like

Notice his FPM and his pitch. He is in a stall. You can disable the stall messages in the options. Yes he has low load factor but at that angle he shouldnt be losing altitude at that pitch unless he is stalling. This question is a clear stall recovery question

2 Likes

ILS heading is wrong first of all…

A and D is wrong coz LOC is on to the left of neutral

He is losing a lot of speed. Pitching up makes a stall worse so it probably going to pitch down to help.

C is it for me

1 Like

Isn’t visibility reported in feet in the US?

Look it came up as meters in app so I went with it 😂

2 Likes

I hate when the community answer heavily outweighs mine, but I am confident…

Edit: never mind, the poll answers moved around me lol

1 Like