IFMetier's ATC Tracking Thread - [CLOSED] @ N/A

As suggested by my trainer @AviationReports, I will be holding open sessions regularly and welcome all who attend.

Information
Server: Training
Airport: KMIA
Frequency: Ground and Tower
Runways: Landing and Departing 26L, 27, Landing 30
Time: CLOSED. Thanks to those who came and behaved.

Areas of Focus: Sequencing, Mixed Local and Inbound Traffic

9 Likes

Information
Airport: KTYS
Runways: Landing and Departing 5L, 5R
Time: CLOSED

Areas of Focus: Sequencing, Mixed Local and Inbound Traffic Pattern Entry

1 Like

Feedback (D-SEBA):

• Ground conflict with @PHMEL was… not handled. 😬
    You should have told him to hold position.

But aside from that, it was an excellent session on my side! There was one weird pattern entry and one missing sequence for @PHMEL if I remember correctly, but I’ll let him give feedback on that. Also, transition altitude for him would have been better at 3500 ft (980 + 2500 = 3480).

What I liked was your cheeky sideslip to 5L, even though you called that quite late. Personally, I would have just given me a G/A and cancel his takeoff clearance (or to extend downwind earlier), changing runways that late is not always easy for the pilot, a few more seconds and I would have had to G/A by myself. But I liked the idea! 😄

Your call to send me on left DW for 5R during the upwind conflict was great!

3 Likes

Hi there,
Tried to make it difficult for you but you controlled without hesitation and adequately, compliments.
A few things you must have noticed yourself but good to note:

1. you approved my pushback although there was an aircraft right behind me (no harm done, I always look in my mirror);
  2. I didn’t understand the immediate take of with only an aircraft on 5l;
  3. good transition hight, no need to ask my intentions though when I stick to the hight assigned by you;
  4. thanks for reminding me of rw 5r, I could not see clear enough.

Keep up the good work, hope to meet you in the sky soon

PHMEL Quantas 774VG

3 Likes

I was on 5R! He changed me last minute to deconflict.

3 Likes

I was watching you both on pushback. Waited until you were moving to clear @PHMEL for push and had the hold position queued up just in case they bolted out the stable. With just the two of you, felt comfortable in doing so. Had to do some work to finally establish -MEL in the pattern. Was a bit awkward and can’t sequence until that is accomplished. Came this close to diving into the no-no toolbox with a drag to vector.

With you still on base and not quite inside the FAF, side step was logical. Kept you both moving, gave you the option to G/A if unstable. If you had elected to do that, there’s the added margin of separation with the departure.

-MEL and i were both comfortable with the TTN Altitude. I factored in position and altitude upon request, and added a terrain margin for the Min crossing altitude.

I very much appreciate the feedback.

Haha…Played a disoriented pilot well.

See comments above.

I’ll often ask intentions after a transition approval when the flight path is atypical of what’s expected.

Glad you understood the check runway. Remained aware you had the LOC APP active, and it showed you more aligned with 5L than 5R. Wasn’t the specific command I wanted to issue, but it did the job regardless.

Thanks for attending and look forward to more.

1 Like

Tag me next time you open, I’ll try to come by :)

1 Like

Airport: KMIA
Runways: 8R, 9, 12

Areas of Focus: Sequencing, Mixed Local and Inbound Traffic Pattern Entry

@BT_HANDLES

2 Likes

Airport: YPPH
Runways: 03, 06

Areas of Focus: Sequencing, Mixed Local Pattern and Inbound/Departure Traffic

@BT_HANDLES @sutterseba @PHMEL @Jinco @GolfZuluZulu

3 Likes

I can’t come, sorry! Have a nice session :)

2 Likes

Awesome job on this session! No feedback from me as you did fanominal! Good luck on your practical!

2 Likes

Airport: FMEE
Runways: Departing 12, Landing and Departing 14

Areas of Focus: Complex Ground Ops, Converging/Diverging Pattern Ops

2 Likes

hola. ST-ARZ.

Great session overall, only thing is personally I would issue a Taxi command before asking to hold short, rather than the other way around. Otherwise everything checks out, good transitioning and runway changing.

2 Likes

Thanks for attending and the feedback for the taxi. Wanted to try and make the instructions as short as possible while providing the necessary information bound by the limitations of the interface.

FMEE is one of the more complex runway/taxiway/apron layouts to deal with. Definitely will hold some more sessions here to refine the process.

1 Like

Hey @IFMetier feel free to tag me when you open your next session :)

1 Like

Feel free to tag me when you open your next session!

1 Like

Will do. Want to see you work on radio calls as PIC (especially for uncontrolled ops).

Noted. I’ll try to schedule some sessions in advance this week in addition to the random openings.

1 Like

Airport: SKRG
Runways: 01

*Airport Notes if unfamiliar.

This is a High Elevation field with Terrain Obstacles. Runway 01 is in use, Right Traffic only. Remain East of the field. Pattern Altitude is 8000’ MSL (Blue), 9500’ MSL (Red) if an extended pattern is required. Be aware of your speed at all times.

@BT_HANDLES @sutterseba @PHMEL @Jinco @GolfZuluZulu @aviation_31 @Butter575

Spawning in shortly. I can only be on for a minute though

1 Like