IFJoy - A free, full fledged joystick and controller for IF(mobile app)(open source)

The good side is that the project isn’t stopped :)

6 Likes

what is the middle app?

That’s In-Flight Instruments.

Any news? Is the project in a restart?

1 Like

amazing idea
that would be sick

some news ? new informations ?

1 Like

See here;

Basically, it’ll be done… when it’s done.

2 Likes

why does IF doesnt support this feature as main pfff

Is this project on GitHub? Would love to fiddle around with it.

Thanks!

1 Like

As of now it is not on GitHub, not publicly anyway. See this reply for an update on development;

Okay, thanks!

1 Like

What now?
last reply on this thread was exactly 1 year 1 month and 1 day over
Is IF-Joy Project still in development?
When it is finished?
Is Sushruth still working on it?
Is the Project Dead?
If yes, could Sushruth release the source code on Github?, so someone else could take it and continues the development

I hope Sushruth is still working on it, or it is finished

No, the project is not finished, and as far as I know latest info is that development is set aside. Whether it will ever be continued and perhaps finished is up to Sushruth.

Sushruth has said earlier that he doesn’t want to throw it on GitHub. Maybe he changed his mind, but I doubt it. He spent a lot of time on this project and I believe it is fair to let him decide the fate of it. In the meantime, I recommend checking out @tomthetank’s Fly-By-Wire :)

EDIT: Although I don’t quite understand why it says open-source in the title. Perhaps you could shed some light on this @Velocity23?

–Jakub

1 Like

I still use it sometimes.

This app, when finished, really had potential.
Such a shame. 😔

2 Likes

Hi guys,

It is refreshing to see people still following up. I’m really sorry for the delays. The development has been temporarily halted for personal reasons and financial reasons (Especially since the app is free). I am unable to focus on it.

That being said, I still sometimes use the beta version and if I get just one more person to collaborate with me, I’m sure we can launch it the coming month or two.

The code base is Angular written in Typescript. Cross platform via Nativescript.

@Jan I realize I have thoroughly disappointed you, and I really apologize from the bottom of my heart. I do NOT want your efforts so far into the project go waste and I am trying to revive the project.

Thank you for your continued support.

3 Likes

Hi Sushruth!

Great to hear from you! How have you been?

I’d love to help, especially if you’re using Angular. Experience with Angular for web. Thank you very much for getting back, and trying to revive the project 🙂

–Jakub

Great. I will share the source code once I go back home. I traveling for another 10 days or so.

Once again, I really hope to wrap this up soon. Has been pending for quite a long while now.

3 Likes

Great! Thank you very much

1 Like

So just out of curiosity is this something that will run on almost anything? Or is a decent phone required? Because I have a fairly cheep, fairly old android phone, so suffices to say it’s not powerful, but I’d be excited to try this out if it will work in something at the lower end.

The app itself shouldn’t be very resource intensive (and from a very early testing version I still have should run on almost any hardware), the main factor is decent internet connection so there is not too much latency communicating between IFJoy and IF

1 Like