IFJoy - A free, full fledged joystick and controller for IF(mobile app)(open source)

I can only code Python but I would be happy to be a beta tester. My GitHub username is SpaceGuru01.

1 Like

Someone has already mentioned this but I would like it altered a bit. Making the iPad the cockpit and being able to use an iPhone/android phone as a yoke

4 Likes

That sounds acc great. Fair play for investing back into the community. If you get this right , it could be an amazing add on which I would definitely use!!

1 Like

I think something like a Flightaware when you start inital climb on the App it will tell whoever is tracking you you have departed and if you were Delayed or Ontime or early.

1 Like

I’d pay anything up to 12 bucks for this!

2 Likes

Good to know, but as it will be open source I am guessing it will be free.

2 Likes

@Sushruth what’s your GitHub username? Mine is leon332157

Good news folks. Prototype is already ready. I am able to control pitch roll yaw and throttle from secondary device perfectly.
Just wanted to touch base before proceeding further.
Next action items are
Flaps
Trim
Plane state info
And more to come

I would love it if you can help me with the feature list.
Hopefully should hit play store within a month.

8 Likes

That is awesome! I wish you the best of luck with this and will be sure to download when it comes out.

1 Like

I probably have an idea for you. I am French so be indulgent πŸ˜‹. It would be an application capable of making IF more beautiful and more fluid graphically. Similar to the application made for Real Racing 3. I think it’s called Real racing graphics settings. An application made for those who do not have the budget to have an Ipad πŸ˜….

1 Like

How about a way to communicate with other aircraft and ATC through live voice? So we could actually talk to each other if we were doing flight of two or more or just bump into people on the server.

4 Likes

I would love to see this! Makes it perfect for AAR or something like that!

1 Like

I would stick to what you have. Add the flaps, trim, spoilers but not over complicate it.

2 Likes

So folks, need your input. This is a quick snapshot of my 2 day prototype. Please let me know your suggestions on anything from UI to features.
Keep in mind, this is base version. Plan to keep improving.
There is a very small 20 Millisecond latency. Mainly due to network which I will try to improve, but current latency is perfectly usable. This works when device is connected on same network the primary device is connected on.

The bars on the left and bottom show pitch and roll respectively. Rudder and thrust are controllable with touch. Roll and pitch are from accelerometer.

8 Likes

I would ask if you would change the Gear toggle over to the left and have the rudder a little more accessible as if you are flying with say an iPhone with an iPad displaying, reaching for the rudder would be a little tricky

1 Like

Makes sense. I will do some usability testing and update.
Thank you for your input. Much appreciated.

All good, has proper potential

1 Like

Thank you. This version with all important features will be a free app. Initial plan is to launch for Android and once there are enough downloads, I just have to launch for apple. App is built for iPhone, iPad and android and i have been testing on all devices. Since I have to pay yearly fees to apple, want to make sure this is actually used by folks.

1 Like

Sounds like a plan. I would definitely use it

1 Like

I think it might be more intuitive to have the throttle on the left since that is where most people are used to having it (at least in IF). Looking great though! Amazed with your progress in such a short amount of time.

1 Like