IFCommunity Compiled Music [Pt.1]

Moderator approved

What is this?

Have you ever wanted to get that fun and full experience of listing to music related to the country/culture you’re flying to/from? If so, you’re in the right spot. Here you will find music provided by members of this community that they have found and that they believe would give you that surreal send off or arrival feeling.

Note: The song may or may not be native to that country. The songs added below may not originate from that country and may be added due to the name of the song or lyrics as they may relate to that country or continent. If the music or song is not available, you might want to consider adding it to the list below.

Rules:

1. Family friendly / Suitable for ALL ages
  1. Cannot include any vulgar language (no cussing, swearing, or language that would be otherwise considered rude or offensive)
  1. Music videos for the songs are permitted as long as they are appropriate (lyric videos or static photo videos are preferred). must I define appropriate?
  1. Try to find a video that has quality audio.
  1. If the country for which you are posting a song has not been started or listed, then type out the name of the country. Ensure proper spelling and capitalization is used where needed. (Check for duplicates first)
  1. If you are sharing a song, please follow the format and hyperlink 24%20PM (using this symbol found in your editor) the video below the appropriate country that the song/music is being associate with.

(The post has been made a wiki, so you are able to edit in your submission. Look at the format of other submissions prior to you posting yours.)

1. Last rule. Have fun with it! Lets make this a diverse and culture filled area for others to enjoy.

Song List sorted by A-Z

Australia

Austria

Brazil

Canada

Ontario

China

Hong Kong

Columbia

Cuba

Egypt

France

Greece

Germany

Ireland

India

Indonesia

Japan

Kenya

Malaysia

Netherlands

North Korea

Norway

Panama

Portugal

Puerto Rico

Russia

South Africa

Singapore

South Korea

Sweden

Gothenburg (Göteborg)

Malmo (Malmö)

Stockholm

Switzerland

Taiwan

Thailand

Turkey

United Kingdom

London

United States of America

Atlanta

Boston

Chicago

Cincinnati

Cleveland

Detroit

Denver

Georgia

Los Angeles

Miami

New York

New Orleans

Oklahoma

Ohio

San Francisco

Tuscaloosa

Washington

49 Likes

ELO-Don’t Bring Me Down

4 Likes

I love this idea. Thanks Deer!

4 Likes

Wow, this a great idea. Hope to maybe find some new music from different cultures.
I’ll be sure help around here to add my own songs that are appropriate to be added and add others’ suggestions as well :)

2 Likes

Tokyo Drift by Teriyaki Boyz

1 Like

Isn’t Tokyo Drift Japanese?

Edit: I see you edited your post ;)

2 Likes

Regulars are free to add in songs that non-regulars are unable to do.

Looking good so far. Thanks!

4 Likes

Toyko*

2 Likes

Una Aventura by Grupo Niche
Origin: Colombia

1 Like

Noticed, thanks for pointing it out :) Midnight here and i type too fast… 😝😴

2 Likes

Lets get some French Music in here! :)

Perfect (Parfait) - Ed Sheeran (Sara’h Cover)

And just because - USA
Famous - Mason Ramsey

3 Likes

@DeerCrusher a lot of songs I know are about particular cities in a country. Could we format those like this:

USA

• Song about USA

• Song about USA

Chicago

• Song about Chicago

New York

• Song about New York
1 Like

Wow love the idea. Don’t have any songs on mind but good luck!

1 Like

Yeah, that’ll be fine. I’ll see what it looks like after you’re done. Might mess around with the formatting later tonight if needed.

3 Likes

@DeerCrusher, I’m a little confused; Does it need to be about the country, or can the artist(s) be from that country?

1 Like

@DeerCrusher, Should we call it Great Britain or The United Kingdom instead?

Or should we separate them all and call it England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland? 👈

Or something like what we did with USA? Having UK, then undertext where it says England, Scotland…? 👇

The United Kingdom

England

Scotland

etc…

1 Like

A little bit of everything really.

It can be about:

• the country
  • the artist
  • certain words or phrases referencing/naming the country
  • where the song was written/produced
  • etc…

If it has ties to the country and gives you the vibe that the song belongs in that country then add it below the corresponding country.

@Captain_JR

If England, Wales, Scotland and Nor. Ireland have a handful of different songs that would require them to be separated then yes, you can separate them.

5 Likes

O Bacalhau quer alho
Amar pelos dois:
Some fado:
A minha casinha

Country: Brazil/Portugal (the nationality of the Singer is Brazilian, but she grew up in Portugal and the song was made in Portugal)

Faz gostoso

2 Likes

Should we as of now keep the name Great Britain or change to the The United Kingdom?

1 Like

Go-Around song by Ken Dravis
Can’t forget about this legend (USA)

4 Likes