IFCI - Interview With Transport_Hub!

IFCI Answer Thread with @Transport_Hub

Hello and Welcome to the Answer Thread for @Transport_Hub ! We’ve picked out 11 of the best questions you asked us to ask our interviewee.

Enjoy!

-The IFCI team

Q #1. @AndrewWu asked; What’s your strategy for balancing real-life work/school and IF things?

The key to striking a balance is to make sure you set boundaries and priorities. It’s sometimes hard to forget that Infinite Flight is a hobby or at least should be considered as such. I remember in high school, it was sometimes a struggle to limit my time with IF simply because of how “addictive” of a simulator it was, however, what I find in college is that you learn to manage time much better. Simply put, school & work come before IF and you have to keep reminding yourself of that.

Q #2. @Fish asked; Any planes you are looking forward to getting it reworked?

The one aircraft I am really looking forward to getting reworked in Infinite Flight is the Boeing 757. It’s such a great plane, well-powered, can turn like nobody’s business and just overall flies like a beautiful bird. Hopefully, this is something that gets worked on soon.

Q #3. @Chris_Hoover asked; Who are your best IF friends and how have you grown close with them over the years?

Real friends are the ones that teach you a valuable lesson, be it about flying, Infinite Flight, or life in general. I won’t go naming names, but they know who they are ;)

Q #4. @BostonStrongWill asked; What has been your inspiration to pursue goals in infinite flight or the world of real aviation?

People ask me this a lot and to be honest, I don’t really have an answer. When I was 4 years old, I went on a flight on Air India’s 747 from JFK to London Heathrow to Delhi to Mumbai to Bengaluru, and the captain invited me up to the flight deck during a delay in Delhi due to heavy rain. Something just clicked and aviation got into my blood. I originally wanted to become a pilot however as I went into high school, I realized I really liked math as well. Hence, I decided to pursue Mechanical Engineering Technology with a minor in Aeronautical Sciences and have just completed my first year.

Q #5. @ouzi asked; Why did you name your account Transport Hub?

My name is “Transport Hub” because, in late 2014, I named my YouTube Channel “Transport Hub”. I chose that name because I used to post videos about the three modes of transportation that fascinated me the most - buses, trains, and planes. I just stuck to that name and, hence, now, my IFC name is “Transport Hub”. Maybe I’ll change it to my real name one day, who knows.

Q #6. @Yacht asked; If you had to spend 3 years of your life living in JetBlue’s terminal at JFK or LGA as a whole, which would you choose, and why?

By the request of Yacht, I have been motioned to answer this seriously. So here it goes. JFK’s Terminal 5 is my favorite terminal at JFK mostly because of its unique, and more importantly, efficient design. Plus, what’s not to love about JetBlue’s creative color graphics. However, in 2017, JetBlue moved all of its LGA operations to the Marine Air Terminal, which in itself is a historic and iconic building. It also serves only a handful of destinations, making it a very peaceful terminal to use. It also means a very quick commute to college right over the Grand Central, so I would definitely choose LGA Airport.

Q #7. @naro asked; What’s the biggest change that you’ve seen in Infinite Flight since you’ve first joined?

Global for sure. It was such a big leap forward in my time with Infinite Flight that I remember thinking to myself how extraordinary it was to be able to fly from any airport to any airport. I was also equally impressed by the change in the pricing model, I still think it’s crazy that I can have a 1-year subscription to all aircraft and fly from anywhere to anywhere for $80.

Q #8. @Anshul28 asked; Being a long-standing member, what do you think other members can take away from this community and possibly adapt it to real-life situations?

I think this community has some wonderful tutorials that can enhance even the most knowledgeable Infinite Flight pilots out there. For example, for many days, I had not the slightest clue on how to use the NAV tab during a flight. DeerCrusher came out with an amazing tutorial on how to fly DME ARCs and I found it very informative and interesting. In addition, there are some great real-world pilots on the forum that can quickly turn into mentors for the ones career path. I would definitely reach out and ask away, they might have some pointers and help you avoid mistakes they went through.

Q #9. @Suhas asked; Are you vegetarian?

Yes, I am a pure vegetarian!

Q #10. @anon57683537 asked; Is JFK a transport hub?

Yes.

Q #11. @.unknown asked; If you had 5 bags of rice, and you fed 3 of them to a Tupolev TU-144, what would be the capital of Ohio?

Rice Township, Ohio.

Thanks for checking it out! Be sure to tune in on Monday for the next Question Thread. Bye!

Request an Interview | Website | Thread

19 Likes

I knew it.

4 Likes

Wasn’t that question pretty obvious.

2 Likes

Fun Fact- The population of Rice Township, Ohio, is 1,437, the same amount of landings that @Transport_Hub has currently! Coincidence or conspiracy, I think that it means @AndrewWu still can’t taxi properly at VQPR. Nice interview!

7 Likes

For legal reasons that’s a joke…

@Transport_Hub I stand firm in believing Ohio doesn’t exist

Edit: Rice Township is right next to Cedar Point. Moving there brb

5 Likes

Nice question but I got confused for a moment 😂

2 Likes

I got confused reading that question at first too lol.

1 Like

How can you move there if Ohio doesn’t exist (:

This is a joke

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.