IFCI Interview with @Daniel14

Welcome to the second interview for IFCI in a while. I would like to think everyone who submitted questions. Even if your question isn’t in the interview I still think they were great.

Now lets get started!

1 What made you want to join the community, and what do you like most about being here? @MrMrMan

I actually found the community right after the 787 update in 2016. I couldn’t find why the graphics were so low on my iPad so I looked it up on google and it brought me here. I then didn’t make an account here for about half a year until April 2017.

2. What is your favorite pastime and why? -
@SkysTheLimit87

My favorite pastime has to be Infinite Flight, where I just passed 1,000,000xp and have traversed the globe in every Aircraft in IF. You name the route I have most likely have done it.

3. What are your aspirations for the future both here in IF, on IFC, and in your life? - @Transport_Hub

Here on the IFC I just want to be a helpful productive member here. In IF, I would like to be able to fly KLAX-EFHK in a A350 but that is a different story… In my life I would like to fly to Every European country, visit Australia and New Zealand, then visit a few Asian countries. I would also like to fly on a few routes a few carriers are starting. Such as the KEWR-WSSS route that started today, the planned (also part of project sunrise) the KLAX-YPPH Route Qantas hopes to start, and Also start my own Airline.

4. How did you find Infinite Flight? @Luke_Sta

I found Infinite Flight in 2012 in the App Store. I was looking for better flight sim instead of X-plane and believe it or not, the only reason I actually bought IF was because it had gear doors. Which was what X-Plane was lacking at the time.

5. It was Karl Marx who said in his 18th Brumaire of Louis Bonaparte that “ The tradition of all dead generations weighs like a nightmare on the brains of the living. And just as they seem to be occupied with revolutionizing themselves and things, creating something that did not exist before, precisely in such epochs of revolutionary crisis they anxiously conjure up the spirits of the past to their service, borrowing from them names, battle slogans, and costumes in order to present this new scene in world history in time-honored disguise and borrowed language. ” Do you think that based on this statement, Marx was right when he objected the addition of the A350 to Infinite Flight? - @Marc

I am going to try and interprete this as much as I can so bear with me…I mean, the only reason IF hasn’t added the A350 is because there simply isn’t enough data, which has been stated many times. But I think they messed up because when they did the poll for which aircraft we would like to see next (which the MD11/DC10 was in) the A350 was in there. So I think people are seeing it as “wait, it was there in 2016 and they were willing to do it but now they won’t?” I think that they should say the A350 will come at some point but not right now. But what I do find interesting, is when they did the 787 update in 2016 the 787 had only been commercially flying for a few years yet they got the data for it. Next year the A350 will have flown the same amount of time as the 787 as when they redid it. So we will just have to see what they say next year. So, I would say no he wasn’t correct. (I hope that was even remotely close… 😂)

6. What are you interested in doing in the future? - @Flying_Potato

I’m a Junior in High School so right now I want to finish driver training, finish high school, then go to college. After that I would like to work for SWA for a few years then start my own airline which I have a name for and everything pretty much ready.

7. How has the IFC changed you as a person? - @Connor

Well, the IFC certainly did change me. I have now learned to become more respectful of other people’s views. And I met a marvelous group of people where we talk politics and aviation related stuff.

8. What is your favorite airport to fly into in Infinite Flight? - @Dubya

My favorite airport would have to be either KLAX or KSFO. I mean KSFO has a wide variety of routes and United has a big hub there. KLAX has many route options with all three major carriers (Delta, United, American) flying major long hauls from there and all expanding there. So, I guess it just depends on my mood at the time. KLAX is closer to me then KSFO and I know the layout really well same with KSFO.

9. Would you rather fly Delta, United, American, or JetBlue and why? - @HiFlyer

I would have to say United, I guess it is just something about them that make me like them but I don’t know what.

10. Do you have any plans to fly aircraft in real life? - @BennyBoy_Alpha

Not currently, but there is a good chance at one point in my life.

Bonus Question!

11. What inspired you to create Tailwinds Flying Club, and how did it become so successful? - @Dylan_M

I decided to create TFC so that people no longer had to fly designated routes. They find a real world flight, and then they fly it! This allowed more freedom then having the confusion of dozens of ranks, or hours needed, then only being able to fly certain routes, then having to log the flights. So TFC just made sense to be the dawn of a new era in Flying clubs.

A message from @Daniel14:
Thank you for this opportunity to interview me! I love this community 99% of the time and I can not wait to see what comes to the future of IF in the future!

If you would like to join our slack you can find it on our website here

27 Likes

Really cool Daniel!

7 Likes

We’re glad to have you in the community, Daniel! We hope you’ll continue to remember Infinite Flight and the IFC for the years to come. :)

2 Likes

I will be here certainly for plenty more years to come!

5 Likes

Thanks for featuring my question! @Daniel14, it’s nice having you here!

3 Likes

I am very glad to be here!

2 Likes

Awesome! Thanks for all the information Daniel!

1 Like

Nice to see an IFC friend getting interviewed! Great interview! :D

1 Like

Yay, I got the Bonus Question! Thanks for being a great member here @Daniel14!

2 Likes

Hahaha what

Very well put together! I love having you here Daniel!

1 Like

Thank you! I love being here!

1 Like

Why was he chosen over me?

People are suggested to IFCI by other people.

2 Likes

I suggest myself

No. You can not suggest yourself

2 Likes

But I did! 🙃

From 4 days ago you weren’t allowed. Also there is a waiting list for people. You can’t be chosen over someone else if there is a line @Robertdiaz123. I’m also going to add that your name has never come up on our interview request form. Sorry for doing this publicly if you wish to come and talk to me about it, please PM me

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.