IFC Friends to Real Friends

Hey! Have anyone on this website ever met someone here and eventually met up together in real life? Basically, has IFC played cupid in creating friendships that extended more than the internet. If so let me know down below, I would love to hear some stories.

8 Likes

Some of us see each other at airshows and events. Me personally, no. But I will one day! I love this community so much lol. I plan on going down to Flight Sim Expo though, have to check the flight tickets haha

5 Likes

Had one come down to visit our hangar in Anchorage, hopefully next year I can meet more at Flight Sim Expo!

8 Likes

These airshows sound cool, will for sure have to look out for if one is ever in NYC.

3 Likes

I believe the Blue Angels is doing a show in NYC soon. I would highly recommend go seeing them. It’s quite extraordinary what they do. I bet you some of the IFC members will be there!

3 Likes

https://tickets.completeticketsolutions.com/NYAS/Online/?_ga=2.167067006.1132270711.1537911823-1924400002.1537911823

1 Like

Not yet, but I might meet up with you @ Planeview Park and do some plane spotting together! XD

3 Likes

Not yet. @JoshFly8 goes to the same school as me and I’ve yet to see him in person haha. It’ll happen soon enough

8 Likes

Hah! Let me know how that goes!

1 Like

One can only wish I suppose. One day I hope to see some members at a convention.

4 Likes

I coincidentally met @Delta319 in Ohio a couple months back at an aviation program.

6 Likes

In Valdez during this year Fly In, I was a judge and accidentally ran into an IFC’er. At the time we had no idea until after the show… Lol

2 Likes

That’s dope! What type of aviation program?

Its called Air Camp. It’s more for people less experienced in flight. I probably wouldn’t have gone knowing that. Though we did get a flight in the 172.

1 Like

The boi @ADDY28 the real goat🐐 though. ✊✊

2 Likes

I hope to meet people from here :)

PM me if you’re in NY and we can do some plane spotting at LGA and JFK ✨

6 Likes

Was spotting one day for a little bit at LGA a couple months ago. Saw a kid that kinda reminded me of someone I knew from somewhere. When I made a post on my aviation Instagram, @GaplessHiding pointed out that he was there at the exact same time. I sent him a few more pictures and he pointed himself out in them! 😂

5 Likes

I’m personally the shy type. I don’t even know how I would ask someone if there from the community.

5 Likes

All these ny people making me want to make a little event and meet them all!

I’m the 🐐 and you’re still learning 😛✊

1 Like