IFC Collective Wrapped!

After a little bit of calculating and some time working on a little graphic to somewhat match Spotify I have finally got the information you have all been waiting for! Thank you fo everyone who contributed and lets all work hard to make a great 2024 wrapped! So without further ado, lets see what the results are!

General Information

Total Distance Flown

We all travelled alot this year, some more than others, but as a whole the IFC has travelled 394,271 KM/ 244,989 Miles! That is nearly 10 times around the world!

Total Hours Flown

And while we have gone far distances together, we did this in only 32,503 minutes/ 542 hours!

Total Amount of Flights

Some of us stayed domestic on shorter flights, while some of us strayed further afield with longer flights. But we managed to reach this amazing distance and amount of hours with only a total of 157 Flights!

Total Amount of Spotting Sessions

Whether you were spotting at the airport waiting for your flight spotting because you just wanted to be at the airport and witness the beauty, we got some stunning pictures! As a group we went spotting a total of 190 times!

Country Most Flown To or From

We flew through 33 countries this year, with some very exotic destinations in the list for sure! But I am sure there is absolutely no surprise that one stands out the most! We flew through the US a total of 109 Times!

Airline Most Flown

And to take us to these beautiful places we flew many different airlines, but 1 stands out above the rest! We flew United Airlines a total of 17 Times this year!

Airframe Most Flown

What good would an airline be without their aicraft! We flew multiple different airframes throughout the year, but we have a clear favourite! We flew the Airbus A320 a total of 20 Times this year!

Airlines

We flew lots of airlines this year, but there is definitely some that we preferred over others, lets find out who we favoured and who we flew when we had to!

Airlines Most Flown

We flew United Airlines a total of 17 times this year!

We flew Swiss International Airlines a total of 14 times this year!

We flew American Airlines a total of 11 times this year!

Tied in 4th Place we flew Philippine Airlines a total of 8 times this year!

Tied with Philippine Airlines we flew Southwest Airlines a total of 8 times as well this year!

Airlines We Flew the Furthest

We flew United Airlines a total of 54,646 KM/ 33,955 Miles this year!

We flew American Airlines a total of 28,911 KM/ 17,964 Miles this year!

We flew Qantas a total of 25,519 KM/ 15,857 Miles this year!

We flew Qatar Airways a total of 25,037 KM/ 15,557 Miles this year!

We flew Singapore Airlines a total of 23,375 KM/ 14,525 Miles this year!

Airline We Flew the Longest

We flew United Airlines a total of 77 Hours this year!

We flew on American Airlines a total of 40 Hours this year!

We flew on Qatar Airways a total of 32 Hours this year!

We flew on Qantas a total of 30 Hours this year!

We flew Singapore Airlines a total of 27 Hours this year!

Airline Count

In 2023 we flew a total of 43 airlines throughout the year, with some names more unusual than others! But we all enjoyed the ride and flew them to destinations we eagerly looked forward to!

Aircraft

We flew on lots of airframes and manufacturers this year with some aircraft and manufacturers more perculiar than others!

Manufacturer Most Flown

We flew on Airbus aircraft a total of 83 times this year!

We flew on Boeing aircraft a total of 52 times this year!

We flew on Embraer aircraft a total of 7 times this year!

Manufacturer Flown the Furthest

We flew on Airbus aircraft a total of 210,002 KM/ 130,489 Miles this year!

We flew on Boeing aircraft a total of 172,264 KM/ 107,040 Miles this year!

We flew on Embraer aircraft a total of 6,254 KM/ 3,886 Miles this year!

Manufacturer Flown the Longest

We flew on Airbus aircraft a total of 287 Hours this year!

We flew on Boeing aircraft a total of 229 Hours this year!

We flew on Embraer aircraft a total of 11 Hours this year!

Manufacturer Count

In 2023 we flew a total of 7 aircraft manufacturers through the year, some manufacturers more unusual than others! But we all enjoyed the ride and flew them to destinations we eagerly looked forward to!

Airframe Most Flown

We flew on the Airbus A320 a total of 20 times this year!

We flew on the Boeing B737-800 a total of 17 times this year!

We flew on the Airbus A321neo a total of 13 times this year!

We flew on the Airbus A321 a total of 11 times this year!

For 5th Place we have a 3 way tie with the Airbus A330-300, Airbus A380-800 & Embraer E175 all being flown a total of 7 times this year!

Airframes Flown the Furthest

1. image

We flew on the Airbus A380-800 a total of 59,694 KM/ 37,092 Miles this year!

1. image

We flew on the Boeing B777-300ER a total of 52,879 KM/ 32,857 Miles this year!

We flew the Airbus A321neo a total of 37,797 KM/ 23,486 Miles this year!

We flew the Airbus A350-900 a total of 25,070 KM/ 15,578 Miles this year!

We flew the Boeing B737-800 a total of 24,542 KM/ 15,250 Miles this year!

Airframes Flown the Longest

1. image

We flew on the Airbus A380-800 a total of 72 Hours this year!

1. image

We flew on the Boeing B777-300ER a total of 62 Hours thie year!

We flew on the Airbus A321neo a total of 50 Hours this year!

We flew on the B737-800 a total of 40 Hours this year!

1. image

We flew on the Airbus A330-300 a total of 33 Hours this year!

Airframe Count

In 2023 we flew a total of 32 different airframes through the year, some airframes more unusual than others! But we all enjoyed the ride and flew them to destinations we eagerly looked forward to!

Airports

We flew through a lot of different Airports, Cities & Countries this year, some more than others!

Countries

We flew through a total of 33 different countries! Each one is highlighted on the map above!

Most Visited Airport

We flew through Geneva, Switzerland a total of 22 times this year!

We flew through LAX, US a total of 16 times this year!

1. image

We flew through Hong Kong, Hong Kong a total of 15 times this year!

We flew through Barcelona, Spain a total of 12 times this year!

We flew through Newark, US a total of 11 times this year!

Airport Count

In 2023 we flew through a total of 83 different airports globally, ranging across multiple continents! Some more enjoyable than others I am sure, but all part of an enjoyable trip!

Spotting

We all like to take a couple of pictures! Some better than others, but one thing we can all agree upon is the enjoyment these pictures bring us!

Countries

We spotted in a total of 17 different countries! Each one is highlighted on the map above!

Most Spotted Airports

We have spotted at Sydney Kingsford Smith Airport a total of 65 times this year!

We have spotted at Geneva Airport a total of 38 times this year!

We have spotted at Los Angeles International Airport a total of 9 times this year!

Routes

Longest Route Flown

The longest route flown in the IFC was by @QFA_12 on the Qantas A380-800 from Los Angeles (KLAX) to Sydney (YSSY). This flight took a whopping 15 hours!

Furthest Route Flown

The furthest route flown in the IFC was by @AndrewWu on the EVA Airways B777-300ER from Toronto (CYYZ) to Taipei (RCTP). This flight took him a total of 12,894 KM/ 8,012 Miles!

Shortest Route Flown (Time)

The shortest route flown in the IFC in terms of time was by @Aiden_Forusz on the Swiss International Airlines A220-300 from Zurich (LSZH) to Geneva (LSGG). This flight took only 27 minutes!

Shortest Route Flown (Distance)

The shortest route flown in the IFC in terms of distance was by @Pingu on a United Airlines CRJ-200 from Colorado Springs (KCOS) to Denver (KDEN). This flight covered only 154 KM/ 96 Miles!

Disclaimer and Other Information

This wrapped is based on the information provided in the below thread. While this does generalise the entire IFC I was unable to capture certain regions and airlines as I can not speculate and can only work with what has been given to me. Moving forward if you would like to be included for any other types of wrapped or things like this please be sure ot look out for topics like the one below so you can contribute and participate. While there is a US bias in this thread, this is solely because of the contributions I have received from people who have actually performed these flights or spotting sessions, these are in no part to political views.

Thank you all for reading and as for the year 2023, THATS A WRAP!

20 Likes

Thanks for putting the time and effort into making this, BP! It’s great to see where we’ve all been this year

1 Like

Thank you for contributing! I am actually really pleased with how this came out! Definitely worth the effort and thank you for contributing!

2 Likes

I can’t believe Barcelona made it this far! (I’m 10 of these 12 flights tho haha)

Thank you a lot for making this recap, hopefully next year we can get more participation to get a better view of the whole IFC

1 Like

Haha, I mean that is okay, just you representing haha. I’m like 99% all 15 of Hong Kong are me haha. You would think I would know cause I calculated 🤣.

I agree, hopefully next year we can get more people involved!

1 Like

Good stuff!! Awesome to look through all these stats!

1 Like

Thank you! I agree, it is very cool indeed to see all these stars! Just wish we had a bigger sample size!

I think I contributed quite a lot to these two 😅

1 Like

Maybe just a little, but the sad truth is we did not have that many contributions.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot @BP-Aviation , Glad to see Geneva 2 times on this topic 😎 and Swiss once 🇨🇭

1 Like

Looks great!! Thanks for doing all the work, to make this!

1 Like

No worries, gotta push for first place next year! Need to try hard!

1 Like

No worries, enjoyed making it!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.