IFC changed my life, Thank you.

Firstly, Merry Christmas.

IFC I just wanted to share a success story with you. I have desperately wanted to share this story with you for a while. Get it off my chest, my thanks, my story.

I get that this is very against the trend of how IFC works and what we ‘do and don’t’ post, however I thought as we approach New Year I would share a little success story from the world of IF.

In May 2016, I suffered a loss. Not a bereavement, but I lost my job, my dream job, you know; the one your life had led to. I was a Police Officer in the UK and I loved it. I had dreamt all my life of slapping them handcuffs on and I adored every second. I was great at it too.

3 years later…

My life was spun upside down. I was dismissed. Not for being corrupt, theft or assault, but just purely for speeding…once I was crushed. I went through months of appeals and employment tribunals, Newspaper coverage and spirals. I did not expect it and I did not know how to react.

At the end of may, I had news. The appeals were over, id lost I remember the evening, sat alone, contemplating whats next, I picked up my iPad and after hunting around the internet aimlessly I logged onto IFC. I looked around and was instantly greeted with so much passion, respect and welcome. It picked me up.

From there, I went onto to dig deeper into the IFC world. I met some amazing people and got a new hobby: Aviation! - I started to play IF more and more and then ventured into the world of VAs.

I today, own and manage British Airways VA, I am a deputy head teacher in a secondary school, have a wide new range of friends in the IFC world, I am enrolled onto an ‘Aviation Management Degree’ and most of all, I have a positive outlook on life again…

If I may, Thank you IFC and good day.

34 Likes

Oh man… Hope you find a job soon though!

1 Like

Thanks man.

1 Like

Hope that IF changed your life!

Once global is out, you will feel like a RWA pilot

1 Like

Who knows mate, it is going to change IF so much. See you in the skies!

1 Like

Wow @LouDon16 such a positive turn around !

1 Like

Thanks Joshua :)

1 Like

Can I asked how fast you were going?

3 Likes

They couldn’t tell me exactly as it was a data recorder. but believe 80 in a 70

Welcome to the UK , that is utterly madness to fire a employee for one simple mistake.

3 Likes

Oh yeah…Tell me about it!

2 Likes

Frequency change approved, good day 😜. Great turn around. Good to see you haven’t given up. Keep the drive in you strong 💪

4 Likes

Thank you mate, thats a lovely post! :D

2 Likes

You’re welcome. I live in london. I Hope we arange an IFC meet in the UK hopefully.

1 Like

That would be a great idea! who knows, maybe one day…

1 Like

Someone explain the topic that @AR_AR just created and was closed and unlisted within a minute of it popping up. What is this?!

1 Like

I think it was just coincidence we posted almost the same thing so someone thought it was duplicate.

Anyway @LouDon16 great to have you here!

3 Likes

Huh, but yours was that IFC ruined your life, this one is better, and there is no way you both have the excact same story…

3 Likes

No they are very different just coincidentally similar. Very different in content. Simple misunderstanding. Please get back on Lou’s topic here.

3 Likes

@Pilotmaster2129… MaxSez: “THIS” is @AR_AR just being AR! I’m not the only curmudgeon in the community! (He has no sympathy or empathy, he takes no prisoners). I wish him joy!)

5 Likes