IFC Awards 2022: Nomination Round

Welcome to the 2022 IFC Awards!

Well folks, it’s that time of year again. For the third year in a row, it is my pleasure to host the IFC Awards, the community’s yearly showcase of outstanding people and organizations, as well as different works that have stood out during the calendar year.

Though not as significant as last year, minor changes have been implemented to this year’s awards, particularly the deletion of certain categories to streamline the voting process. The same two-round voting system that was used last year will be used this year.

Format

Prior to 2021, voting would occur in a single write-in round, with two to four forms and a winner being determined from this single round. However, this system has been replaced with a two-round voting system, with the intent of maximizing vote totals and preventing ties.

In the nomination round, you will have the opportunity to submit any applicable nominee into the respective category. From here, the top choices from each category will be placed onto a final vote, which will commence seven days prior to the end of the voting period. A second vote will be opened, where you will only be able to choose from the nominees listed on the final vote. From there, the highest vote getters will be recognized as the IFC Awards winners on a topic to be posted on January 1st, 2023.

Important Dates

• December 9, 2022: Thread Posted
  • December 9, 2022: Nomination Round Voting Commences Through Google Form
  • December 23, 2022: Nomination Round Voting Concludes, Google Form Votes Tallied
  • December 24, 2022: Final Round Voting Commences Through IFC Poll
  • December 31, 2022: Final Round Voting Concludes
  • January 1, 2023: Results Released

Important Rules and Reminders

• An IFC account is required to participate in voting. Users may be checked to determine legitimacy.
  • The Google Form used in the Nomination Round may only be filled out once. Once responses are submitted, they cannot be altered in any way. Duplicate votes, including the use of VA accounts, may result in the nullification of all votes related to the user in question.
  • As has been the case in previous IFC awards, all categories are 100% optional. This means that as many categories can be voted upon as the user wishes. However, once responses are submitted in the nomination round, they cannot be altered in any way.
  • In typing usernames, please type the full IFC username of the person you wish to nominate. No exceptions will be made to this policy, and any votes with usernames that cannot be traced down will be discarded.
  • The same policy applies for topic links. Please type in either the full name of the topic or provide a direct link to the topic you wish to nominate.

As always, if you have any questions, please feel free to ask in the thread.

List of Awards

Section One: Users

• Best Staff Member
  • Best Moderator
  • Best IF Photographer/Videographer
  • Best Profile Picture(s)
  • Funniest Community Member
  • Strictest Moderator
  • Most Knowledgeable Community Member
  • Best Infinite Flight Pilot
  • Best Real World Spotter/Photographer
  • IFC User of the Year

Section Two: Forum

• Best Spotting Topic
  • Best Screenshots/Videos Topic
  • Best Community Tutorial
  • Best VA/VO Thread
  • Funniest IFC Topic
  • IFC Topic of the Year
  • IFC Post of the Year

Section Three: Community Organizations

• Best Virtual Airline
  • Best Virtual Organization
  • Best New VA/VO (certified during 2022)
  • Best VA/VO Staff Member
  • Best IFATC Controller

Section Four: In-Game

• Best Livery
  • Best 3D Airport
  • Best Aircraft
  • Best Update (22.X)
  • Best New Feature

Section Five: Media/Miscellaneous

• Best Third-Party Website/App
  • Best Infinite Flight Related Social Media Account
  • Best Third-Party Developer
  • Best Infinite Related YouTube Account

Nomination Round Voting Form (Status: OPEN)

It’s been a great year for Infinite Flight and the Infinite Flight Community, and we can’t wait to shine the spotlight on the best of the best that this community has to offer. We encourage everyone to participate in the awards voting, have fun, and end 2022 on a high note. Happy Holidays!

51 Likes

This is so exciting to see as I conclude My first year of being part of IFC

This looks fun! Would love to see what they have in store for us!

Yay, IFC Awards are back again. I can’t wait to see the results 😁 Good luck everyone

I just finished voting!
Thanks everyone at IFC for a truly magical and unbelievable year

2 Likes

Can I be your announcer Matt 😂?

”ladies and gentlemen, the moment you’ve all been waiting for…. Your 2022 strictest moderator award goes to… DeerCrusher!!!”

Just kidding. (Even though I think we all know who that award is going to.) Looks like an awesome thread! Look forward to seeing the results :)

2 Likes

Schyllberg is my nomination
Partly as a joke because he’s such a Lovable guy

2 Likes

@BennyBoy_Alpha you’re probably top 3 most active here. I don’t know how you do it 😂. This is going to be really interesting.

I have stepped it up recently give I have more spare time but up to September I wasn’t that active - so I doubt I’m even in the top 100…

1 Like

Very interesting poll!

Wow! Another year in the books. Good luck to everyone, can’t wait to see the voting results. Here’s to a stellar 2023 and soon to be final farewell to 2022.

3 Likes

ive been suspeded more than any other user this year, does that count :D

If Max was still here, you wouldn’t qualify for the Peanut Award with that stat. Hopefully 2023 goes much better for you :)

1 Like

I hope it does too lol :D

1 Like

For these do we put the user of the post or the post/topic title itself?

Maybe this year could be my year…

Please refer to the instructions on the form for guidance regarding the input for individual sections, @Butter575.

2 Likes

Ok thanks. :)

It’s crazy to think that another outstanding year is almost coming to an end, it has truly been amazing! Looking forward to seeing the results, good luck to all the candidates!

1 Like

Friendly Reminder #1:

If you do not have a nomination for a particular category, please leave the answer field on the form blank. This makes my life (and yours) a lot easier.

2 Likes