IFATC Weekly Region Poll [WK #2]

IFATC Weekly Region Poll

Are you sick and tired of not having a choice into where IFATC control? On behalf of the IFATC team, we are now giving you a chance to express your opinion weekly!

A poll will be provided below every Monday and closed early Saturday. 3 options will be available each week for all community members to vote for.

The successfully voted region will be provided ATC coverage each Sunday.

This week, Florida has been voted in

Expect the Florida region to be active with IFATC after 0000Z Sunday the 13th. Please don’t expect this change to happen straight away as the region switch will occur when time permits.

• Florida
  • San Francisco
  • London

0 voters

This post is approved by @mishacamp and @Tyler_Shelton

28 Likes

Florida ! Such a great region ( I hope it’s the chosen one )

Thanks again for leaving us the chance to choose, even though it’s not the region we want.

7 Likes

SoFlo for the win this week!

4 Likes

Okay, see you guys in SoFlo this Sunday! 😏

4 Likes

SoFlo all the way! With amazing airports and routes on the region 😆

7 Likes

I voted San Fran. IFATC barely ever opens there so a change would be nice.

13 Likes

Hoping for San Francisco. FL and London have been fairly active lately and I honestly can’t remember the last time (had to be at least a month ago) San Francisco got service. It’s a great area!

4 Likes

My only issue with SanFran is it is really small compared to the others. You have three larger/popular airports really close to each other. So close that one approach frequency covers almost the whole region.

It is a great area, but for a Monday. lol. (In my opinion)

My vote has been cast! huzzah

5 Likes

And then you choose San Fransisco? Oh well 😂

4 Likes

I like flying on a high altitude and in SoFlo, I can do that from KMIA to KTPA.

2 Likes

If SoFlo wins, please don’t just open up the 3-4 class Bravos. Try to open the class Charlies & Deltas too.

9 Likes

Totally agree with you. There are so many great small airports in the north eastern part of the region that I never see open.

7 Likes

I totally agree on this and we haven’t done a no bravos day in a while. It’s time for another one.

@Tyler_Shelton can we make this coming Sunday a “no bravos” day as well?

6 Likes

Controllers can open whatever they like but I’ll gladly encourage them to open the other, and far more fun, airports.

20 Likes

Man if only SoFlo VA’s event was in SoFlo this sunday, this will be great! Thanks for the various options IFATC.

2 Likes

I would fly all day if that happened! 😁

1 Like

We have done these events in the past, they are a great deal of fun. The problem is that there is a large sector of the users who are not on here and are not aware of the rules with smaller airports. We end up spending most of our time wearing out the “Aircraft is too large” button. (Followed by please follow instructions a few times, then they land on top of another plane without permission and get ghosted)

3 Likes

I’ll open KAPF if SoFlo is open, EGBE if London. Get some GA airports open

2 Likes

SoFlo gets way too much love IMO. I really don’t like the region. London is active many times too, but felt like voting SFO so that we can get a relaxed Sunday!

2 Likes