IFATC Team

Are you 100% sure that you supplied all the correct information?

Yep, ran it through 3 people also, and they said it was everything.

1 Like

Glad to say I’m no longer the new 🐟 in the tank, @Chris_Hoover just joined and we are glad to have him!

3 Likes

Absolutely love being on the team, I joined may 18 and it’s a totally different experience. TS1 the controlling sessions drag on and on, but in expert when controlling the time flies! Especially when it’s busy. The best part is that there isn’t a guy callsign lololololololololol taxiing to the wrong end of the runway and spamming I’m sorry. Also the idiot who lands after being told to go around is no more! Definitely a new great experience that revamps controlling✈️✈️✈️✈️

4 Likes

I just, on my 3rd time, got a 92% on my written, practical is this Friday, hopefully I pass 🤞

3 Likes

Congrats! Make sure to schedule a final session with a trainer if needed to make sure you’ve got everything down! I have linked the IFATC trainers thread below. Best of luck!

1 Like

It’s pretty awesome to tell you the truth
I’ve passed my written test
I did the practical test but failed because of the lag and my device froze on me
But I should be doing the test again before the week ends
So yeah for me it’s an honor to be apart of the IFATC 😄👨🏻‍✈️👍🏻

Being an IFATC is fun! Controlling is fun, telling people what to do is fun, making people follow your instructions is fun…oops…
No but seriously it is really fun! I enjoy every minute of it, no matter how stressful or crowded it may get.

2 Likes

I’m late to the party, but IFATC might just be my favorite part of this app. Anytime you control, you’re guaranteed to be interacting with others. You can progress through the ranks, starting off at small towers, moving to bigger ones, and then on to approach; outside of this, there’s always something to learn at every stage, and always ways to make yourself better. Everyone on the team is friendly and there to answer questions that you have and help you grow as a controller — the amount of aviation (and other) experience is incredible. Yes, at times it can be stressful, but as long as you’re willing to learn from the occasional mistake, you’ll love it. Most pilots hate flying in unorganized airspace, and here you got to do just that. 5/5 on Yelp!

8 Likes

Too bad I have the time but I’m WAY too strict even for expert server…i treat this as a simulator instead of a game 😓

That is the funniest thing I have seen today!

I joned the IFATC team last week and here to sum up my experience I have made a list:

1. The members are very welcoming and helpful.
  2. Some things you have to learn on your own, but people will help you if you ask.
  3. In communication channels there might not always be some PG family friendly clean language but it is not that bad.
  4. You have to earn your way to run certain positions.
  5. When ever you control on expert time flies very fast.
  6. People will actually listen to your instructions, and if not, you are able to do something about it.

To give it a rating: 9.7/10, it’s a great and entertaining experience.

2 Likes

One of the best parts of being an IFATC is the communication. It allows us coordination just like in real life.

2 Likes

Its The best part of the game. :)

2 Likes

No one is too strict! You join IFATC or you dont join IFATC! END OF STORY!

6 Likes

A simulator or a game its the same thing in my mind.
You cant be too strict for the expeet server because if you are then

1. you aint doing your job the way youe suppose to
  2. You wont follow IFATC rules properly
  3. Simple DONT JOIN IFATC if you think ypur the best of everyone!

Kind regards,
IFATC George Flack

19 Likes

Adding on to what you said, IFATC ain’t as easy as it seems. You have to have excellent communication skills to really integrate as part of the team.

3 Likes

Folks tend to think because I don’t allow pattern work that it means I don’t know how to sequence aircraft…which is not true. IFATC is a great team tho🙋🏾‍♂️

I’m not trying to be rude in any way, but there’s no real good reason to not allow pattern work unless you’ve got a crowded airspace. As an IFATC myself, I always allow pattern work unless the airspace is immensely crowded. I’d say that the majority of other controllers do the same thing.
We can take this to a DM for further discussion if you would like to discuss it more as to not clog up this thread :)

8 Likes

So why dont you allow pattern work then @Jeodanie_Smith ?
There are reasons to not allow circuits but in most cases its allowed.
Adding to what @MrMrMan said…if the airport is real busy pattern work tends to NOT be accepted. This mainly happens during the FNF peak times and major aiports(if scheduled as a airport for the IFATC weekly schedule)

Other reasons are :
Bad /servere weather
Low visablilty (anything lower than 3SM(5000m))
Airport is in a location that pattern work of hard to do (around high terrain)
(Like Lukla(but i can handle pattern work at lukla))

So @Jeodanie_Smith i dont see why you wouldnt accept pattern work?
Maybe ypu dpnt know how to sequence and you rather npt say, but watching the ATC tutorials helps you learn.

So if you think you are up for joining IFATC just join!!

Kind regards,
IFATC George Flack

8 Likes