IFATC Questions

Why not go for it. If it is too much or your schedule doesnt allow, then so be it. But you never know unless you do.

Plus you might get addicted to controlling…

c’mon… do it… all the cool kids are doing it… peer pressure.

13 Likes

lol. But I have to wait about 50 ish days, because I got ghosted about 3 weeks ago, but I definitely want to join!

Im one of those once a month or so controllers >_< Kinda busy right now but I’ve been able to be part of the team despite that. New procedures are often tagged in chat so we can follow up.

But replying to your post, personally, I would spend close to the entire time watching the screen, at times I refresh the incoming traffic page to look for inbounds and see if I can attend to them. (Eg. incoming in 50mins, I intend to stay for 45mins but I have time, I would extend a little to provide that service whenever possible.)

This is because pilots can spawn in any time and some could be making trouble (though a rare occurrence). Whenever I’m controlling, I just pretend like its a job, so gotta pay attention all the time xD

Ok, I definitely want to join, even though my schedule might not allow it at times :)

This explains why @dush19 never controls. 🙄😁

9 Likes

I’m too busy being blamed for the airports in which they control

2 Likes

That’s true. You’re excused.

If I were to control at FNF, do they rotate controllers every so often? (I probably should’ve asked this at the top lol)

Yes, people open and close… other takes over. Not that complicated stuff really :)

The other controllers would probably beat me to it though xD

If ATC can be open at any qualifying airport, is it ok to go on just the underserved ones?

Say the west coast is open, can I do KSJC or KOAK only?

Yes, of course. The airports are chosen by the controllers when we do regions, which we most of the time do these days.

1 Like

Thats good to hear. You can close the topic if you want, because you probably have a lot of work to do :)

You can open any airport you are qualified for within the day’s region and can control for however long, as long as you meet the minimum time requirement.

1 Like

I didn’t think I would enjoy controlling, or make the cut or handle more than 5 planes at a time. Yet here I am, passed on the first attempt, growing in confidence with each day and realizing I love providing ATC service for the community.

9 Likes

Is this per month or week?

Per session;

If you open a Bravo, you stay open for 60mins.
Charlie/Delta; Stay open for 30mins.

3 Likes

Maybe take a look at this😀

Oh that makes sense now. I’m debating on joining it. Maybe later in the year when my schedule frees up

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.