I want to try to become one of the IFTARC pilots and was wondering if anyone would be willing to help me, whether it’s by joining me on training server or giving me advice or what to expect. Any help would be appreciated thank you.
A good way to practice is to open up an ATC Tracking Thread, where you can open an airport on the Training Server and have pilots from here fly for you, and give you feedback.
Here is a tutorial. If you need help with anything don’t hesitate to ask.
Good luck! 🙂
After your written exam, you can also apply for training sessions, where qualified pilots from IFATC can give you expert feedback to prepare you for your practical exam.
Make sure you also watch the plethora of tutorials and videos on the IFC, they look a bit outdated but a lot of the main concepts are still relevant.
Make sure you reach all the requirements too such as ATC operations and TL
You can also spawn into an airport on expert and see controllers in action. If you’d like a further challenge, try to guess what commands the controller will send to specific aircraft.
“N1TJ ready for takeoff at runway 16, departing south”
Will the controller clear him or not? Wait, no, there’s someone on a two mile final. That’ll be a hold short.
“N1TJ, hold short runway 16”
Good, I was right.
A great way to prepare is to get some training using tracking threads! And I would suggest to watch the perfect ATC test on YouTube! Sequencing is also a important thing in the practical and the written test, if you got that, you’ll be fully prepared for the test!
Thank you so much I’ll check that out
I’ve got that all covered. I’ve got about 600 operations but the trust level I’m still working on.
I was wondering about this as well!
I am also pursuing becoming an IFATC! A resource that is helping me prepare is the IFATC manual. I’ll link it down below, hope this helps and good luck :)
Great to here you want to work towards Infinite Flight Air Traffic Controller (IFATC).
There is some good advise above here already. I want to add by recommending you to view the IFATC tutorials.
When I was preparing for IFATC I think I watched these at least 5 times, some of them more.
Here are 10 golden rules you need to know, so you can do a good job controlling via your tracking thread.
- Watch aircrafts on your platform. Good Ground control is important. Use hold position and give way instructions. Give way instructions are sometimes given before a taxi instruction.
- Understand the concept of the Pattern. Know your departure, crosswind, downwind, base and final legs.
- every new inbound always first gets a pattern entry instruction, to inform the pilot how he should approach
- Every runway change always first gets a pattern entry instruction
- “ sequencing is your friend ”. Very important. It is used to tell pilots who to follow. Re-sequence if this helps to provide clarity. Extend downwind, I’ll call your base, and speed instructions are not meant for sequencing. Use sequence instructions, as many and as often as is needed .
- Use I’ll call your base , to delay the base turn of an inbound aircraft. Apply this to create space to allow outbound aircrafts to depart, or to avoid clashes with other aircrafts.
- aircrafts remaining in the pattern get clearance for a touch and go with an exit takeoff direction. This is needed only once. After this, the pilot will assume the same exit direction (number 1, cleared for the option, after the option make left traffic).
- Timely clearance for landing or for the option
- landed aircrafts all get a runway exit instruction . Know your exit procedures
- For aircrafts that need to fly through (not over/above) Tower’s airspace make sure you assign the correct Transition Altitude .
…before you focus on controlling, I recommend you first become an excellent pilot. Understanding all the rules, behaving professionally is not only helpful to become an IFATC, it also make IF a fun sim to play.
This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.