IFATC Practice

Hi, The other day I took the practical IFATC test and did not pass. I looked for topics that said IFATC on training server but did not get it. I was wondering if any of you know how to get it? If not I am looking for someone to help me with sequencing, which was my main issue.
Thanks

2 Likes

I recommend the IFATC Manual, as well as the YouTube videos. Manual is linked below. Is that what you were looking for?

3 Likes

Yes thank you. And tips on sequencing which I am sure in the tutorials

1 Like

Yes, the YouTube tutorials have a video dedicated entirely to sequencing. I highly recommend checking it out. :)

2 Likes

Ok thanks much for the help

1 Like

I recommend you check this out if you need a trainer to help assist you in areas of ATC (Air Traffic Control) that you are struggling with or need help getting familiarized with.

You can also check out the link that TaipeiGuru posted for additional help and check out Youtube Videos by Infinite Flight to study the areas of ATC (which TaipeiGuru also said to check out :/).

1 Like

I also recommend having an IFATC trainer to help you with things you might me struggling with so that they can help you out

4 Likes

You can also make an ATC tracking thread to practice.

1 Like

Take training sessions with a trainer. I failed the first test but I took some sessions with a trainer and I passed 2nd time.

Where do I find a trainer. May you give me a link

Yes where do I find a trainer

Here is a link to the IFATC Training Team thread from which you can request to be trained by an official IFATC Trainer.

Note that you do however need to attempt the written test by contacting an IFATC Recruiter before applying for IFATC Training from the IFATC Training Team.

1 Like

Thank you appreciate it

If you want I will be available later to help you out with sequencing and the best times to sequence when many aircraft are in a pattern

That would be great I’ll message you separately

1 Like

Sorry to hear you failed your test. Don’t worry: many do and pass later and become great IFATCs.

I doubt there are any topics on IFATC on TS, because by rule, IFATCs work on Expert server only.

With regards to sequencing, you have already been referred to the ATC manual, which is good.
In addition I would watch the IFATC training videos on YouTube. See below:

A few rules to remember for sequencing:

• sequencing is Tower’s main tool to inform pilots who needs to follow who on their way to land
  • sequence instructions can be given to pilots already or remaining in the pattern, and to new inbounds.
  • all new inbounds and runway changes always first receive a pattern entry instruction, with a sequence instruction if not number 1.
  • every aircraft that is not number 1 receives a sequence instruction. This means you can never just clear an aircraft ‘number 2, cleared to land’ without first giving it a sequence instruction to inform him who he is following.
  • sequence instructions can be given multiple times, as often as is needed to provide clarity. When in doubt: sequence again.
  • don’t use speed instructions for sequencing
  • avoid using ‘Ill call your base’ and ‘extend downwind’ for sequencing.
  • it is ok to change the sequencing on which aircrafts will land. If you see the situation changes, you give out new sequence instructions
  • I recommend to only give out landing/option clearance when you are pretty sure the sequencing doesn’t change. Watch the colour of the tag: it changes to green when the aircraft has been cleared.

Hope this helps.

All the best with your test! 👍🏼

3 Likes

Thanks I’ll watch it

1 Like

Watching it is good. Watching it 5 times is better.
Learning the tips I spent writing the last 20 mins is also very important.
Lastly: practice! I trust your ATC Tracking thread is in full action now

2 Likes

Literally No one:
ATC manual: REDACTED

2 Likes

That part goes over rules for ghosting. Meant for IFATC only. ;)