IFATC practice test

Hi guys I did the IFATC practice test and got 80%. I have 672 ops for ATC now on the TS and i hope to soon apply for IFATC. I gonna keep at the practice test to get the score even higher and to make sure im fully ready for the training. When the time comes i might open a tracking tread so that people can examine my skills and give me pointers. I want to be fully ready and confident before i apply.

Alan

7 Likes

Great to hear you are keen in joining IFATC!

80% in the practice test is great! Keep up the good work.

1 Like

Cheers thank you. Im thinking about it yes. I want to give the practice run a few more tries before i commit to it.

That’s always advised. You want to be well prepared for it :)

1 Like

Feel free to tag me when you open Tracking Thread, I will come🛩

1 Like

Go for it Alan! Keep practicing, prior to when i joined IFATC i kept doing practice tests before my written to find out my strengths and weaknesses. I have no doubt you’ll make it into the team one day.

1 Like

80% on the IFATC practice test is a passing score and there is no need to retake the test. But if you want to retake for a higher score, that’s fine. But on the real test if you get an 80%, then you move on. But you need some more practice is what I understand @Alan_Scott

1 Like

exactly!! 80 is fine but i think i can push it further. While not been hard on myself in the process. Take it within my stride and everything else will come 2nd nature.

1 Like

Having an 80% on the practice test is perfectly fine, as long as you can replicate that on to the real written test!

I find that some of the best controllers can have a just passing score, and then do really well in practical situations where you are actually controlling a frequency.

I know at least for me, that I suck at written tests and can never figure out why it is, but put me in a situation where I am physically doing things (practically) during a test, I usually succeed.

So do not focus completely on your written. Get a passing score, review what you got wrong, and move on. You are better off focusing your efforts on the practical test.

Good luck with IFATC, I hope to see you join the team soon!

2 Likes

Thank you Chris. I hope to do the same!

See you there soon

1 Like

Wow 80% on the practice test! You’ll do good hopefully. I’m pretty sure I got 60% on my practice test LOL (I’m IFATC now). So you should be fine. Hope to see you soon on IFATC!

1 Like

It is recommended to practice until you reach 100% on the IFATC practice test :)

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.