IFATC.org - March 2019 Press Release

IFATC.org – March 2019 Press Release

What is IFATC.org?

IFATC.org is a free to use companion website for both Infinite Flight pilots and IFATC controllers. In it, there is a wide range of various resources available at your fingertips. Resources such as the weekly ATC schedules, real-time ATC tracking, an airport searching feature, detailed terrain maps with moving traffic, and a feature we’re very excited to announce: a new SID/STAR database.

Featured Airports Status…

Weekly IFATC Schedule…

Terrain Map With Live Moving Aircraft…

ifatc_org
Note: Green aircraft are inbound, while blue aircraft are not.

So, what about the NAV Data?

Starting at the beginning of January, @Nathan and I created this project in order to better assist IFATC Radar Controllers. Our initial database consisted of individual documents in Google Drive, but after further collaboration with @DenverChris, we were able to move our work to GitHub and adopted a brand new format for our data. With this move to GitHub, the nav data we pushed would be incorporated directly into the website, requiring no manual input of information by the controller.

Here’s what the data for the KMCO STARs looks like on the map…

03%20PM

After continued data collection and experimentation, we were proud to adopt version 3 of our format, which allowed us to incorporate waypoint restrictions for each individual STAR.

Here is the same map of KMCO depicting the STARs with their waypoint restrictions…

25%20PM
Note: Restrictions with a line above and below are mandatory. Those with a line above are “at or below”, and those with a line below are “at or above”.

In order to view the airport with nav data on the site, first, visit the website, then click on “More” and “Even More”, and then “airports with routes defined.” From there, click on “Map” for any of the airports.

@Nathan and I have been extremely committed to this project, and thanks to collaboration with @DenverChris, along with our amazing contributors @Adam_Macaulay, @Jeffrey1o2, @EthanT2, @Captain_Zen, @Dillon_Lewis, @jakcharvat, and @TwinsRock88, this has all become an amazing reality that we have continued working on every day.

Here is a list of the airports we have updated nav data for so far…

C

CYHZ
CYMM
CYOW
CYQB
CYTZ
CYVR
CYYZ

E

EGKK
ENBR
ESSA

K

KASE
KBDL
KBOS
KBUR
KBZN
KDEN
KEWR
KHPN
KMCO
KMIA
KONT
KORD
KPDX
KSAN
KSFO
KTPA

L

LEPA
LIMC
LOWI
LSGG
LSGS
LSZA
LSZH

M

MDPC
MHTG
MMGL
MMMX
MMTJ
MMUN
MROC
MYNN
MUVR

N

NFFN
NZQN

O

OMDB
OTHH

R

RCTP
RPLL

S

SBGL
SKBO
SKPS
SKRG
SPZO
SVMI

T

TBPB
TJSJ
TKPK
TLPL
TNCA
TNCC
TNCM
TXKF
TTPP

V

VNKT

Y

YSSY

My home airport is not there... why not?

We are a small group of volunteers and we strive each week to add as many airports as possible. If you don’t see your home airport, especially if it isn’t a major class Bravo one, feel free to recommend it using the form below. We will try our best to honor all requests! Understand that much busier airports like EGLL, KORD, EHAM, LFPG, WSSS, and others will be added eventually so don’t recommend these. These are much harder to compile however, due to the massive amount of data that must be imported from the dozens of charts.

Airports are added every Monday so be sure to check if your airport made it or not!

What does the future hold for IFATC.org?

To be honest… we don’t know! Our goal is to get full utilization of this site by the members of IFATC and hopefully pilots as well, but there are some technical hurdles we must overcome for this to be a reality. So far though, the team loves the work done thus far and we’re already seeing some controllers rely heavily on the site.

We also hope to take this website to the next stage and have the SID/STAR navigation information available directly in-game for controllers and pilots alike! As of now, though, this is simply a pipe dream.

Check out the website!

We could go on all day about what this website features but the topic will be far too long. If you like what you see, please feel free to check out the website below!

IFATC.org

66 Likes

Great thread guys! Proud to be apart of the team.

5 Likes

Keep up the brilliant work guys!

3 Likes

Amazing thread! Excited for what the future holds :)

5 Likes

It’s a cracking resource. Great effort by all of you

4 Likes

Beautiful stuff. I love the website and the work you guys have put through is truly worth the time. Keep doing what you do, it is honestly amazing how great and helpful this website is for us all 👍

5 Likes

@DenverChris Will this website would become fmc/s app in the future? Once you added aircraft performance data? Integrate via IFconnect?

1 Like

Brilliant! Much needed and useful.

3 Likes

The amount of work that @DenverChris has put into this website is absolutely astounding, and its been great to see it develop over time! Kudos to you and others who have contributed to create what is now a very useful website for both non-IFATC and IFATC members of the Infinite Flight Community!

4 Likes

I can see some cool opportunities there. That said I don’t have any plans to add aircraft performance data nor integrate with IF Connect. Focused on ATC scenarios vs in flight.

1 Like

Wish I had 20yrs exp coding, yes there is cool opportunities ;)

2 Likes

Best site for all be airport needs

2 Likes

Wow this is awesome! Just what I feel like people needed - and something I could definitely use assuming I can just pass that darn practical. When more and more airports come with time, it could be a huge stress reduction mechanism for controllers and pilots alike (also a potential flight time reducer lol)

2 Likes

Great job!! This is awesome!

2 Likes

This is incredible. Really amazing work.

2 Likes

Our latest navigation data has been pushed to the website! Here's what we have accomplished in the last 7 days...

New Airports
  • CYTZ
  • CYVR
  • CYYZ
  • EGKK
  • ENBR
  • ENGM
  • ESSA
  • KHPN
  • KONT
  • KPDX
  • KSEA
  • LEPA
  • LIMC
  • LSZA
  • MUVR
  • MYNN
  • OMDB
  • OTHH
  • TTPP
  • VNLK
Updated Airports
  • CYQB
  • KBOS

Thank you to all the incredible work by our editors!

Additionally, thank you to everyone who has been submitting airports via our Request Form! We will be hard at work this week!

Note: Some airports under “New Airports” also appear under the list in the original post as a result of when the list was generated!

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.