IFATC Oceania Presents: Across the Tasman [03MAY2021/0600z-1000z] (Completed)

Hey you! Yeah, you … You’re invited to one of the first IFATC Region events! This one, taking place in the land of The Hobbit and The Land Downunder , we invite you to join us in flying and recreating a very popular, and heavily inspired, VATSIM event: “Cross the Ditch.”

Fly to and fro 4 staffed, mostly , 3D airports - Sydney, Queenstown, Auckland and Melbourne in any aircraft of your choosing! From the serenity of Sydney to the challenges of Queenstown we encourage you to come along and take part.

What are you waiting for?

image Details

Server - Expert Server
Featured Airports - YSSY | YMML | NZAA | NZQN
Aircraft - Aircraft at discretion
Event Time - 0600Z -1000z

icons8-boarding-pass-64 Established Routes

YSSY - NZQN

YSSY 3502S/15247E TONIM MIKEL OMKIN DADLU 4428S/16635E ADKOS BEVKO IGNET UBDAM LADIP GOSPA MABGA UGPED 4502S/16903E NZQN

NZAA - YSSY

NZAA IRSIP LENGU OSRAP BATOS BOGUN 3646S/17306E MADEP OLREL 3423S/15510E NONID 3410S/15319E RIKNI MARLN BIKUS ANKUB YSSY

YMML - NZAA

YMML CORRS 3802S/14658E GEMAC MIKEL SASRO PEBLU 3739S/17305E TAZEY ZORBA SABAV EMRAG ORESO NZAA

NZQN - YMML

NZQN ENKUV OLREK TULVU VAPLI IPNOR ENRAT ADKOS 4432S/16626E BEBOB BUGBA SMIFF LOLLY 3834S/14643E MILLA EKKAS PORTS TONAR YMML

Route Map

map

image Airport Procedures / NOTAM

Procedures

YSSY Procedures
YMML Procedures
NZAA Procedures
NZQN Procedures

NOTAM

Queenstown: Aircraft size restrictions: nothing above A320/B738

Applicable to all: No local flying, try to ensure realistic routes

Credits

Special thanks to @MJhendo @Adam_S & @Chris_Hoss for formatting the thread.
Also thanks to the Oceanic team for Controlling the event.

15 Likes

Under three hours till event begins, our whole Oceania team are excited to begin a new chapter in IFATC - would love to see as many pilots turn out as possible! Airports will be fully staffed where able. See you guys there!

1 Like

What do you mean by this?

Do I have to Register?

Are we aloud to fly NZAA-NZQN? Which is flown by Air New Zealand A320

Nothing is stopping you, however the point of this event is across the Tasman. Meaning you fly over the Tasman.

1 Like

Nope, just show up and enjoy the IFATC coverage!

2 Likes

Roger, I will be doing that. I’m going to fly a 777-300 all blacks livery NZAA-YSSY at 0600 Zulu if anyone wants to join?

1 Like

For this particular event we’re encouraging flying across the Tasman (Australia to New Zealand or visa versa), but there’s nothing stopping you flying locally too if we are open!

Hopefully we’ll have more local events soon that are much more localised around two close airports.

1 Like

I’m flying YSSY-NQZN ANZ A320.

1 Like

But I’m currently doing São Paulo-LHR and I’ll be landing in around 2:15 hours so it will be A close call for me!

1 Like

I will do that as well, but Qantas 737-8 as I fly for Qantas Virtual

1 Like

No you don’t

Apologies guys, some of our Aussie counterparts have been held up opening up Sydney and Melbourne, but certainly should be at some stage soon! Queenstown and Auckland are open and running :)

1 Like

Currently EN-Route to NZQN

1 Like

Excellent ATC at Queenstown @MJhendo,handed very professionally,well done, Cheers 👍 from India 🇮🇳!

2 Likes

Thanks Mayank, really appreciate it! Thanks for coming along and hope you enjoyed dodging the mountains :)

2 Likes

Want to fly a nice approach? Come spawn at Sydney and fly down to Queenstown in either a Qantas B738 and or a Air NewZealand and Jetstar A320

1 Like

I’m descending into NZQN right now 😂

Enjoy the lovely approach

1 Like