IFATC - My Journey!

Wow. Well I am speechless. Where to begin? Hmmmm…

Ok. July. Right. Let me get it all straight. My IFATC journey started and got off to a fantastic start, @N822M, @JulietTango and @RoBroStar attended my first session which sparked my drive to one day get in to the IFATC team, a challenge but one I was aiming to complete. I continued on for months and months eventually making the IFC’s most successful tracking thread of all time, with a whopping 1200 replies and it being featured on the years review! I opened and opened, tried harder and harder, perceived and perceived and then well… my thread closed… Welp that sucked, so much hard work put to no use.

So January comes around after weeks of forgetting about ATC and my dream of getting in. And then all of a sudden I had a spark. @IF787 has just been promoted to an Officer, I remembered the days of attending his sessions giving feedback and helping him improve and instantly knew I needed to work harder, I needed to better myself, I needed to get in. So a week later I opened up a new tracking thread and started again! Woohooo, it was gonna be a heck of a journey

Weeks and weeks of hardly any people at my sessions meaning hardly anytime to refine my skills but that was ok because I had a plan! The legendary @Anthony_Morgan who helped me out so so much through this process helped me get a few people together for a practice practical and let me say without bragging. I flipping nailed it lol. My suspicions had been confirmed I was going to apply!

I applied and the day after being accepted took my written. Eventually passing with flying colours so so proud. And then, I took my practical which if you have seen my Tracking Thread I did today! Yes. Today! And well with the help of everyone I passed, with only one minor common fault! Not just was it an amazing experience but a very fun session which I throughly enjoyed! I stayed calm, relaxed and made my way through! My best experience in the 4 years I have had this game.

And with that I’m done! Below however I have a few people who shouldn’t go unnoticed, people I wouldn’t be here without and I owe everything too and @Anthony_Morgan asked me to say a special thank you to lol

1. @RoyalJordanian (Jamal) - I had heard some fantastic things about you as a recruiter and well they were right! Not just the most optimistic and most fantastic person but an awesome guy! I owe my whole IFATC journey to you so thank you!

2. @IF787 and @Anthony_Morgan - The constant hours of asking both of you ten thousand questions trying to get in tip top shape has payed off! Both been helping me throughout and I owe so much to them. Watching them both climb ranks has been amazing! And both have turned into such fantastic controllers! @Anthony_Morgan where’s that officer ranking lol

3. Every single person who has attended every single one of my tracking threads. I don’t want to spam the thread with tags because there are well over 100 of them overall but I can not express enough how much it means to me! Every single one of you has been at my side since the start and its truly fantastic. A few notable mentions have to be given out however over the past year because some people really do deserve it! @Edoardo_C, @MatthewSwift, @USA_ATC @TheAviationGallery, @ThomasR and so so so many more! You all are legends!

4. @ToasterStroodie @Alexandre @Alexandre @Anthony_Morgan and @RoyalJordanian - My testers! Conquering my fears of all your presences the test began. Instantly transitions, runway changes, upwind conflicts. Commands were flying out! It was such a fun experience having you all in such an organised pattern! Something I will not forget it so thank you! And also huge thanks to @Jet_Airways_995, @Lawin_S and @Ramzi_Khairan who attended countless sessions of mine!

I haven’t planned for my first session yet which will be tomorrow but I am so so so looking forward to it and just cant wait, I will definitely be opening the whole day aha! If you do see me do feel free to say high I certainly will to you, tomorrow will be a milestone and I just can’t wait to complete it with you! It has been one heck of a journey and I am so so proud to finally be there. I have definitely missed a good 150 people out but I don’t want to spam all your inboxes so just have one huge thing left to say which is thank you!

I do have one aim however and thats to not stop here, to keep pushing and to keep going. I want so so so many more people to achieve and have the same feeling I have now because it is an extraordinary one, being invited so warmly into the IFATC discord and to feel so so proud! The process can be stressful I will agree there! There are points where I was so so nervous but my advice is just to have fun and enjoy the ride you will get there in the end, in one way or another! I will continue to attend tracking thread and help other people in anyway possible! I hope to go far in the community hopefully one day being promoted to radar and seeing you all in the skies! With that one more thing to say and that is a big…

THANK YOU!

56 Likes

Big congratulations man!

2 Likes

Thank you so so so much! Couldn’t have done it without ever single community member including you! Thank you so so so much for attending some of my sessions! You and many others kept my spark alive and for that I am so so grateful! ❤️

Means a lot!

1 Like

A big congratulations Cign!

1 Like

Aw thank you! 😁

1 Like

Means a lot! You were also such a big part! Attending constant sessions! If I could tag just two more people you would be one of them! Thanks for taking time out of your life to help me succeed it means so much!

I only speak the truth and nothing but the truth! You are legendary! 😎😉

2 Likes

Lmao soon hahaha. Congrats once again @Captain_Cign

1 Like

Eh. You could pass any day! 😉 Thanks so much for the kind words! Couldn’t have done it without your constant advice lol

1 Like

Man… this is a inspirational story. For the past few weeks, I have been practicing to become IFATC. I have recently took the IFATC test and I did not succeed. I was not pleased with the score and I thought IFATC was not worth my time anymore because I felt like I couldn’t do anything right and I decided to give up. After reading this message, talking about how you didn’t give up, it honestly touched my heart in so many ways. For me, I do have a confidence issue, not going to lie. What inspires me to do what I do is people from different communities. I appreciate you for sharing this message. It felt like a lightning has struck my body and gave me the energy to keep pushing and to never give up! Once again, I appreciate this message ❤️

4 Likes

Huge congratulations! Great work on your tracking threads! Couldn’t be more proud to see the work that paid off! Can’t wait to see you control on expert now.

Now, that’s a good question. I told him to get it now, but don’t see anything. I guess we will have to work hard and attend his training sessions.

2 Likes

Glad i could help :)

1 Like

Congratulations Cign! Now I’ll be asking you for help. 😉

1 Like

More tags for Cign! Congrats on all the hard work and passing your practical!

1 Like

Believe me bud. If it wasn’t tricky I wouldn’t be writing this. It takes time. It takes effort. It takes perseverance. No-one has a perfect record. I remember a story naro once told - he failed his practical and from that I took such inspiration. Look where he is now. A recruiter. A mod. A legend. Things take time and in the end its all about driving and driving. Heck its taken me 6 months… It all takes time. There is no such thing as a perfect trainee we all have our faults.

Means a lot for you to say that! I have had confidence issues myself. Doubted myself but its the ways you pick yourself back up that matters. If you ever need help I would be happy to assist. We all need a helping hand once in a while! Enjoy the journey man and hopefully one day I will see you on the other side! ✌️❤️

1 Like

Means a lot! Thanks for attending so many of my sessions Lawin! As for Anthony he is over-qualified for Officer lol

Heck yes! And I would be honoured to 😉

They never end 😂 Thank you so much for your kind words really appreciate it! ❤️

3 Likes

Really glad to be part of your journey - congratulations once again and welcome to the team!

1 Like

I am also dreaming of IFATC! Congratulations on becoming the IFATC!

1 Like

I won’t lie it is difficult. But the feeling at the end is amazing! Hope to see you climbing the ranks someday! 😉✌️

1 Like

Congratulations! So happy you passed your practical!

1 Like

Congratulations once again, Cign! You were doing really well in your training sessions, great to see your hardwork pay off.

3 Likes