IFATC — London Flyout

IFATC at Home — London Flyout!

This Sunday, join us in London! The capital city of the United Kingdom (UK) boasts an impressive total of six airports; Heathrow, Gatwick, Stansted, Luton, City, and Southend. The economic and cultural hub of Britain, this city boasts an impressive network of global links. It is a tourist’s dream to retreat to during this Covid-19 pandemic.

The Expert Server’s schedule this Sunday invites you all to us with IFATC at Home. You’ll be able to have the longest and shortest of flights from these London airports. There’s something for every pilot. From the British Airways E190’s short hop to Amsterdam, to the behemoth Emirates A380’s crawl to Dubai, you’ll be struggling to choose where London takes you this Sunday…

Should Southend Airport (almost 40m from the city) be counted as a London airport?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

The event will take place in accordance with the Expert Server ATC schedule’s IFATC at Home. Not all airports are guaranteed to be open at the same time, nor are airports guaranteed to be open. It is at UK IFATC members’ discretion when and where to control in London.

You do not need to reserve a gate but should understand that smaller airports like EGLC only have so much capacity.

Server: Expert

Time: 2020-05-10T05:00:00Z2020-05-11T05:00:00Z

AIRPORTS

PRIMARY
Gatwick Airport – EGKK
City Airport — EGLC
Stansted Airport — EGSS
Oxford Airport — EGTK
Luton Airport — EGGW

OTHER
Heathrow Airport — EGLL
Southend Airport — EGMC
Birmingham Airport — EGBB
Manchester Airport — EGCC
Edinburgh Airport — EGPH
Southampton Airport — EGHI
Europe — Other airports in Europe will be opening during the London Flyout (e.g. Amsterdam). Click here for information on the European IFATC at Home.

NOTAMs

No aircraft larger than the Airbus A318 at London City Airport. This includes all Boeing aircraft. The Lockheed Martin C130 series is permitted.

NOTAMs will be enforced by ghosting.

The current London IFATC at Home threads are IFATC at Home — London Gatwick, IFATC at Home — London City Airport, and IFATC at Home — London Oxford.

We apologise for this event being organised rather late but hope to see you there this Sunday!

Thanks,
@patrickv, @Speedbird_286, and @Matt

Photo credits: an image of the London skyline in a graphic style — source; an image of the River Thames dominated by Tower Bridge and The Shard – source.

9 Likes

Don’t forget to include the airport code in the title! Because you have multiple you would put all of them I think

1 Like

Looks fun, I’ll be showing off the EZYVA colours at Southend for sure! 🧡

1 Like

Thank you.

I was thinking of how to do that without making it messy. First event I’ve scheduled, sorry for any mistakes!

We can’t wait to see you there!

2 Likes

Looks like a a great event, look out for Comet 866
RAF C-130J
BZN - BZN

VR-206 Sqn

Can’t wait for your London City Airport landing!

1 Like

Oh no. You copied my pic? LOL
Have a nice event, bro

I didn’t realise that! I actually set it to this after I saw the moderator Chris’ profile picture was the main character from Airplane!. That being taken, I went to the blow-up autopilot, haha!

Thanks for the event wishes.

1 Like

You’d not believe me If I’d tell you that I did the same haha. Fly safe, man!

1 Like

This event is now in partnership with @BritishAirwaysVA!

See you all this Sunday!

2 Likes

In addition to the UK’s capital, two major cities will be joining London tomorrow!

Manchester — EGCC
by: @MaksimFerguson and @Chindle_1204

AND

Birmingham — EGBB
by: @Gliding_Central

_

5 Likes

And, two last minute additions… We’ll be connecting with the Scottish capital of Edinburgh and the southern port of Southampton!

Edinburgh — EGPH
by: @ThomasR

AND

Southampton — EGHI
by: @CO99

__

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.