IFATC Flying High report

I was recently flying into Sydney, Australia where IFATC Flying High was controlling approach. He then requested that I reduce my speed to 230 kts.
After reducing my speed I received a violation for “Excessive Speed”. If there is any way this could be changed that would be greatly appreciated.

Contact @anon66442947

1 Like

Message @anon66442947

1 Like

What he just said :)

1 Like

Need to SLOW down a lot sooner

15 Likes

I had atleast 10-12 aircraft inbound flying like a bat out of hell. LOOK ahead , plan accordingly and slow down way before 50 miles out.

15 Likes

That’s still quite far out. Is 250 kts at 50 miles out fine?

I wouldn’t argue with him if I were you…

2 Likes

@Joseph007 that’s not what I’m doing. Just asking a question.

I was only at a speed of 235 kts so I was definitely at 230 at th time of the report

Under 250 is not too slow under 50 miles out if it’s busy.

2 Likes

Were you ghosted or did you get a speeding violation ?

1 Like

While we are in this discussion, I’d quickly like to convey my apologies to you Tom about my fast approach and descent as I neared Sydney Airspace. Sorry, I’ve had a long day but that is no excuse, I should plan more accordingly like I do any other day! My personal fault.

1 Like

Ok. Judging by the majority of STAR charts they have you be around 260-240 knots at 40 miles out.

1 Like

Ghosted, and I was inbound from an airport right next to Sydney

Message me and I’ll discuss it with you.

3 Likes

That’s likely the problem. When it’s busy, this only adds stress to the ATC having to vector you away from the airport to join the line. At FNFs, this is not allowed. Also, you have to go slowly during these flights to help ATC.

1 Like