IFATC Dreams Crushed?

Good afternoon from Washington State! I’ve been doing a ton of Air Trafic Controlling today at KSEA, and I always crash a little less then 5 minutes every time I start. Will this stop me from becoming apart of the IFATC team? I really would love to join it someday, but I don’t know if I can due to me crashing only while doing ATC.

This may or may not be put in the support topic, so it’s kind of both. I rarely crash while Flying, but I wish I could say the same for controlling. I’ve never had a “successful” time controlling, because I always crash. I have an iPhone 6, and is this a known issue?

1 Like

Not really a support topic but I do suggest that you turn down some settings and also make sure you restart your device and clear your ram before starting :)

IFATC also wants you to open for at least an hour at a time, if you can’t last that long you won’t do so swell.

1 Like

It might be that your Settings are to high! Turn off Anti Aliasing, maybe restart your device, Is your phone Jailbroken? That may be the issue
Make sure there’s enough storage to hold IF on the device also :) clear ram also

3 Likes

Possibly try to reinstall IF and avoid staying in a lengthy distance away from your router
(Course if your using wifi connection)

1 Like

My phone is NOT jailbroken, but so will turn off anti-aliasing, and tune down my settings. Thanks for the help/recommendation.

5 Likes

Do you have a lot of memory free? 1gb is ideal. Not having memory would definitely cause crashes.

2 Likes

Currently I have 37.1GB available. I think it might’ve been the graphics I was tying to pull off.

2 Likes

I’ve experienced crashes with my iPhone 6 on anything above minimum graphic settings, just to give you an idea.

If you managed to get it working, we look forward to you joining us at IFATC!

I have turned Anti-Aliasing off, and all graphics to “low”. Haven’t tried it out yet, but I will when I get home :) 🏠

1 Like

Playing while charging can cause the phone to heat up and crash the app. Maybe take the phone out of its case or try not to charge the phone while controlling, and see if that works.

1 Like

That might work as well. I always have my phone plugged in when playing IF. Good idea, I’ll try that.

Hmm there shouldn’t be any issue once you have the iPhone 6 and above.

1 Like

Memory (RAM, or Rapid Access Memory), is a separate piece of storage on your device. Memory and Device storage are drastically different. RAM is used by apps to store temporary data on, and then grab it within a blink of an eye when it is needed. You as a user of the device cannot save anything to the RAM, but as soon as you open an app, a little bit of RAM is being taken up. That’s why people tell you to close any other programs before starting up Infinite Flight. They tell you to do so in order for you to have as much RAM free as possible, so that IF can utilize your device’s specs with ease of access, eliminating possible frame drops. I can tell you that the 37.1 GB available is not your ram (memory), but is your available storage, which really shouldn’t affect your experience using the app unless there is absolutely zero space left (which would cause cache issues).

No matter what your device is, or what processor you have, if the RAM is filled up, you can say hello to iPad 1 framerates again.

3 Likes

Erm Okay, I’m not looking for information on RAM, just wanted a answer to my question, which I have already received. Thanks though, learned a bit from that ;)

1 Like

I was trying to help you on how you might be crashing. I was saying that your RAM may be filled up. I was actually replying to an earlier comment you made in response to someone’s question- “how much memory do you have”. To this, you replied “31.7Gb”. I was giving constructive criticism. It’s a common mistake to get RAM and Internal Storage mixed up. You’re not the only one, believe me.

3 Likes

Well if you’re looking to stop the crashes it would be a good idea to listen to what he said and clear your ram.

4 Likes

Agreed. I am using an iPad mini 2 and I never experience frame drops or crashes. I am running on full settings. I can only achieve this as I make sure to clear the ram every time I start.

2 Likes

Does this happen during flight or only when working ATC?

1 Like

Only when working ATC, whenever I do long hauls I am perfectly fine at max graphics settings with Anti-Aliasing on.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.