IFATC Caribbean Islands Takeover! [Finished]

Hey Pilots and Controllers,

At 2020-08-07T22:00:00Z2020-08-07T23:00:00Z (2200Z) a group of IFATC members will be opening some of the lesser known/populated Caribbean islands!

Mainly encouraging local GA and Regional traffic, we will of course accept everyone who joins us. Listed below you can find a list of Airports that will be open along with who will be controlling there:

Airport Frequency Controller Comments
TFFR GTS @JarrettFlies -
TFFR Approach Vacant -
TFFF GTS @AdamS -
TFFF Approach Vacant -
TBPB GTS @Alexander_Nikitin -
TBPB Approach @nk1021 -
TDPD T Vacant -
TLPC GT @Saharsh
TLPC Approach @ShaneAviation -
TLPL GT @Tranx -
TLPL Approach @ShaneAviation -
TVSA GT @Mar350 -
TVSA Approach Vacant -
TVSV GT Vacant -
TVSV Approach Vacant -
TVSC GT Vacant -
TGPY GT @I-am-the-captain-now -
TGPY Approach Vacant -
TTCP GT @yoshi_flyer -
TTCP Approach Vacant -
FIR Center Vacant (Piarco)

I hope to see you in the sky with us!

18 Likes

can i have TFFF GTS? amazing event

1 Like

Sure, thanks Adam!

1 Like

If I get 1 like I’ll stay up to 2AM and open up TBPB

3 Likes

Ok Shane I got you, sign me up

2 Likes

Thanks! 😂 😈

T-1:00:00 until we start!

1 Like

Five minutes until you’ll start to see the listed controllers above start to spawn in, enjoy the event, and make sure to do some G/A flying, the Caribbean is a beautiful place!

2 Likes

TFFR is online, be sure to stop by!

2 Likes

Same with TGPY!

2 Likes

TBPB has it all: ground, tower, approach (by the wonderful @nk1021 ), even robocop which some boring people call ATIS is present

3 Likes

Come do some island hopping once you are done I will give you a cookie (only valid if you stop at TLPC)

3 Likes

MaxSez… Interesting development. An unannounced “Wild Cat” IFATC “Spin Off/Pop Up” not listed in Events as required or pinned! (But listed in ATC of all things.). Different Strokes for Special Folks?
🔥Arrow… MaxSends

2 Likes

Yessir! IFATC are allowed to do these little pop-ups, We did one for the hurricane in Hawaii, Canary Islands, and more, its to allow people to explore the lesser-visited featured airports!

There’s quite a lot of traffic down here, perhaps you should grab your charts and do some VFR flying!

3 Likes

@JarrettFlies
MaxSez: Cite your, of the Record , authority to violate Forum Rules, “All Members” are required to follow published guidance.w/o exception or face sanctions…
MaxSends🔥Arrow

Hey Max! Thought I’d chime in before this turns into something that it really doesn’t need to be. As stated in the FNF airports section, Misha listed a few airports, then at the bottom said, “All other airports ATC choice”. Therefore, us IFATC get to choose where we’d like to open, and I decided to list a bunch of airports in the IFATC slack, and see if anyone would like join me in controlling an area of the Caribbean together. Unfortunate that you couldn’t stop by, but hopefully next time there is ATC choice, which is actually tomorrow! ;)

2 Likes

Adding to what Shane said, it is not your position to publicly correct him. Do that in a PM. Moving on…

7 Likes

Well, as the hour finishes up, our ATC are free to close up, and with that said, I hope those of you that stopped in, and controlled as well, had a fairly enjoyable time, thank you all!

4 Likes

Sad to see that I missed this. Looked like some good fun!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.