IFATC At Home - The Netherlands

IFATC At Home - The Netherlands

In this topic I’ll discuss the 3 largest airports of The Netherlands. On this special day, I’ll try to open all Dutch airports that I’m going to mention in this thread. Don’t forget to read other “IFATC at home” topics if you don’t know how to spend your time at home in this worldwide situation.

#1 Amsterdam Schiphol Airport

Schiphol is the most popular airport in this flat country for the majority of infinite flight users. The airport includes 6 runways in all directions. In my opinion, the most efficient airport during peak times. For those who didn’t know: Each runway has its own name!

Runway Map

1. let’s start off with the Oostbaan (22-04). It’s the shortest runway and will only be used for small business jets or general aviation. Narrow-body aircraft can also land on this runway and they even used to land a 747 here! Check out this video
    Runway 22 approach
  2. Kaagbaan (24-06): A popular runway among infinite flight users. It’s the second longest runway of the airport. Did you know there is a spectacular approach for runway 24? I’d highly recommend trying it out some day. I’ll provide charts below. Check out this video
24 approach

1. Buitenveldertbaan (27-09): This runway crosses a motorway and that’s why the Dutch had to build a tunnel below the runway.
  2. Aalsmeerbaan (18L-36R): The Aalsmeerbaan will not be used for night operations due to noise pollution.
  3. Zwanenburgbaan (18C-36C): The second shortest runway. Between 11pm-6am it can only be used if runway 18R-36L / 24-06 are not available due to wind directions or other factors.
  4. Polderbaan (18R-36L): Its first operations started in 2003 and since then the longest runway of the airport. This runway is perfect for night operations as the approach/departure causes less noise above residential areas.

#2 Rotterdam The Hague Airport

ICAO: EHRD
This airport is located a few miles away from EHAM and is the third busiest airport of this country. According to Wikipedia, they handled 2.1 million passengers in 2019. There are several flying clubs, and a few flight schools.

Transavia has quite a lot destinations to popular cities in Europe.
I’ll provide a list of a few destinations.

EHRD - LOWI

Rotterdam - Innsbruck
Aircraft: Transavia, 737-800
Flight time: 1:20
Distance: 399NM

EHRD - GCLP

Rotterdam to Gran Canaria
Flight time: 4:10
Distance: 1700NM

EHRD - EGLC

Rotterdam to London City
Aircraft: British Airways, E190
Flight time: 0:45
Distance : 207NM

EHAM - EHRD

Amsterdam to Rotterdam Ferry flight
Flight time: 0:20
Distance: 30NM

https://youtu.be/vB-qFq0FW9s

#3 Eindhoven airport

ICAO: EHEH
This is a military and civilian airport and rated as the second largest airport. Last year, they had 6.2 million passengers visiting the airport. Eindhoven is a perfect location for low cost airlines such as Ryanair, Wizz air and Transavia.

EHEH - TNCC (Military Flight)

Eindhoven to Curaçao
Aircraft: Royal Dutch Airforce KDC-10
Flight time: 10:20
Distance: 4200NM

EHEH - BIKF

Eindhoven to Reykjavik
Flight time: 2:30

EHEH - EIDW

Eindhoven to Dublin
Aircraft: Ryanair, 737-800
Flight time: 2:00

30 Likes

Cool! @Edivan_dcds I didn’t know that all the runways have different names! I will be sure to come tomorrow.

2 Likes

Great to have an IFATC session at home. I’ll be there for sure!

3 Likes

Will definitely fly in my home country, probably some GA. But it’ll be fun!

3 Likes

Definitely won’t be flying to EHAM, Edivan. You know why 🙃

2 Likes

Very well made post!

2 Likes

😍😍 I’ll be there for sure. Great post!

2 Likes

That’s a bummer 🥺.

I don’t need pilots that fly like you. 😘

5 Likes

Good to hear Julian!

2 Likes

Great !! IFATC at my home 😍😍😍 I’ll be there for sure!

2 Likes

I’m already inbound to eham… probably will be there around 0730-0800z … say would you open the airport by then ? 😃 @Edivan_dcds

1 Like

Could you open at 06:30Z or before if you can, I’m inbound with a B777W KLM livery from KLAX landing in 1:50mins
CALLSIGN: AFKLM265

2 Likes

Great thread! The EHRD-LOWI route tops it all off 😍😍

2 Likes

Sorry that’s too early for me 😔

1 Like

I’ll be opening EHAM in about 1 hour.

1 Like

How long will it be open for?

I am available for the entire day. I’ll try to keep it open as long as possible.

My first session will be open for 1-2 hours.

1 Like

EHAM has now active ATC on the expert server!

Landing Runways: 18R, 18C, 22 and 24 (for those who want to do the extraordinary approach on 24.)

Departing runways: 24, 22, 18C and 18L

1 Like

When will EHRD open?

I do not plan on opening it soon but probably later in the evening