IFATC at home Switzerland

It will be a pleasure to join you for a flight above the lake Geneva

1 Like

I flew last year to Zurich. The city was so beautiful and flying over the country even more. I will definitely be there and discover new places. 🇨🇭

2 Likes

For the event, we want to make sure we get a good time that suits as many people as possible. We also want to focus on controlling at the same time. We can’t do 24 hours straight now can we😜? My question here is when should we focus? We’ll then have a look at who’s free but most of us are free all day.

• 0500Z - 0900Z
  • 0900Z - 1300Z
  • 1300Z - 1700Z
  • 1700Z - 2200Z
  • 2200Z - 2400Z

0 voters

Keep in mind that doesn’t mean we’ll only control at a specific time. We’ll try to keep a moment in the day with 100% attention and then control at other times depending on our availability and pilot requests.

3 Likes

Very excited for the weekend! I have been waiting for so long for an event like this.

1 Like

The approach in runway 22 (LSGG/Geneva) is absolutely stunning (IF/IRL), I wish people could see it !
But you pointed the one the other way to Montreux which is good too. Nice flights !

2 Likes

I’ve updated the post with our event. Have a look and don’t hesitate to join or ask questions!

2 Likes

I am very surprised that @Antoine_Turrian opened runway 10 for takeoff and landing at LSZH since runway 10 cannot be used as a landing runway at any time due to the mountains/hills in front of it. (I am aware that the controller is not involved in your team)

1 Like

Yeah unfortunately that will happen. For the ones who know the procedures we’ll try and keep them realistic as long as it doesn’t cause too much delay. To be honest I didn’t know them very well for Zürich either I was briefed by others how it works

2 Likes

Hey mate. I’m glad to read that. I’m apparently not informed enough about LSZH, because I’ve never heard of it before today. Where can I find further details about it ? Thanks @Rocco for having opened this topic, I’m quite new in the field. I have still a lot to learn ;)

2 Likes

Here you can find charts for the airport. Actually the link is really good because you just change the ICAO and you can get loads of other airports. Just not in the US it seems

2 Likes

I’m opening app at LSZH and we’re changing to 14 LDG and 10/26 DEP

I’ll also try and keep everyone on the star

2 Likes

How does it work to find other airport ? With the link I have only access to LSZH …

You keep the same link, but you rewrite it with the airport you want. If you copy the link you’ll see part of it is LSZH. Change that to what you want

C’mon now… the German lot are planning to go all day. Sure the Swiss can!!

We’re not as many🙃. Some of us are occupied with other things unfortunately…

3 Likes

But far more efficient, if not as many numbers 😜

Any recommendations where to fly patterns at today? Obviously St. Moritz would be a bit tight 🙃

I’d suggest wherever there’s ATC. Saint Moritz is tight but I nice challenge 😉. It’s possible I’ve done it already.

I’ll the opening there later today. Unfortunately my weekend was changed and I’m not home now😢

1 Like

St. Gallen Altenrhein (LSZR) is now open… Notice that the biggest Aircraft to operate there is E190, A319, 737… Usually only GA allowed.

3 Likes

Zürich (LSZH) is open. Fly any route whether it’s a long haul, short haul or even a VFR flight down to the alps in the C172!

3 Likes