IFATC at Home - Shanghai

IFATC at Home - Shanghai 🇨🇳

Good morning / afternoon / evening, IFC!

Last IFATC at Home, the Chinese IFATC team provided service all around China. This week, we’re gonna focus on one of the best cities here, Shanghai.

The Chinese IFATC team will cover all frequencies in Shanghai, including ground, tower, ATIS, approach, and center. Below are the details about the airports we’re gonna open.

My Connection with Shanghai

I’ve lived in Shanghai for over 10 years now. My family immigrated to China when I was 5, and I’ve been living in the city of Shanghai ever since. In the past decade, Shanghai has developed rapidly. I watched it developing from a normal city to a great metropolis. I’m proud to say I’m a Shanghainese and I love this city from the bottom of my heart. It is, indeed, one of the best cities in China, in Asia, and the world.

About Shanghai

Shanghai is one of the four municipalities of the People’s Republic of China. It is located on the southern estuary of the Yangtze, with the Huangpu River flowing through it. With a population of 24.28 million as of 2019, it is the most populous urban area in China and the second most populous city proper in the world. Shanghai is a global center for finance, innovation and transportation and the Port of Shanghai is the world’s busiest container port.

Airports in Shanghai

Shanghai Pudong International Airport

image|

Shanghai Pudong International Airport (IATA: PVG, ICAO: ZSPD) is one of the two international airports in Shanghai and a major aviation hub of East Asia. Pudong Airport mainly serves international flights, while the city’s other major airport Shanghai Hongqiao International Airport mainly serves domestic and regional flights in East Asia. Located about 30 kilometres (19 mi) east of the city center, Pudong Airport occupies a 40-square-kilometre (10,000-acre) site adjacent to the coastline in eastern Pudong. The airport is operated by Shanghai Airport Authority.

Shanghai Hongqiao International Airport

Shanghai Hongqiao International Airport (IATA: SHA, ICAO: ZSSS) is one of two international airports of Shanghai and an important airline hub of China. Hongqiao Airport mainly serves domestic and regional flights, although the airport also serves international flights. The airport is located near the town of Hongqiao in Changning District and Minhang District, 13 kilometres (8.1 mi) west of downtown, and is closer to the city center than the area’s primary international airport, Shanghai Pudong.

ATC Coverage

Shanghai Pudong International Airport (ZSPD)

Ground: @NekSyun

Tower: @NekSyun

ATIS: @NekSyun

Shanghai Hongqiao International Airport (ZSSS)

Ground: @Steve_Jiang

Tower: @Steve_Jiang

ATIS: @Steve_Jiang

Shanghai FIR

Shanghai Approach (ZSPD & ZSSS): @Anthony_Zhu

Shanghai Center: @Leon_B

Details

Time

2020-06-21T13:00:00Z

Airports

Shanghai Pudong International Airport (ZSPD); Shanghai Hongqiao International Airport (ZSSS)

NOTAMs

No light aircrafts accepted in Shanghai airports. SID / STAR use recommended. Pattern work / local flying at ATC’s discretion. ATC will be available for at least 1 hour. Plan your departure / arrival time accordingly!

Procedures

Please check out this document for detailed procedures (STAR, runway in use, remarks, etc.):

https://docs.google.com/document/d/14883_vmj63MK-lePZNK-bjQ_8d9ojdc9-8zNsvUQdYE/edit

Credits

Images

Shanghai Pudong International Airport

Shanghai Hongqiao International Airport

Shanghai

Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shanghai

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shanghai_Pudong_International_Airport

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shanghai_Hongqiao_International_Airport

Sponsor

Infinite Flight China Experts

20 Likes

Nice one Leon! Time to add this to my recommended routes :)

2 Likes

Awesome thread man! I’ll try to stop by :)

3 Likes

Nice thread,will come

1 Like

We’ll be opening up soon. Get ready 💪🏻

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.