IFATC At Home - Santiago De Chile @SCEL [CLOSED]

IFATC At Home 

2do logo

Welcome to the new official thread of ‘IFATC At Home’ in Santiago.

About the city.

Santiago, also called Santiago de Chile, is the capital of Chile. It is also one of the six provinces that make up the Santiago Metropolitan Region. Located on the banks of the Mapocho River, Santiago was founded by the
Spanish conquistator Pedro de Valdivia, under the name of Santiago de Nueva Extremadura, in the 16th century. It is currently the economic and administrative center of the country, in addition to being the largest urban agglomeration with the largest population, 6.9 million of habitants, in the national territory.
Although it is generally conceived as a single city, Santiago does not constitute a single administrative unit, but is part of the territory of at least 43 communes, of which 28 are completely within the urban radius and 15 municipalities outside of it, but all are closely connected through modern highways and avenues.

Arturo Merino Benitez International Airport

The Arturo Merino Benítez International Airport AMB , commonly called Santiago International Airport and Pudahuel Airport is the main airport in Chile, located west of the city of Santiago , in the commune of Pudahuel — from which its old name comes, Pudahuel Airport -. The terminal is also one of the settlements of the Chilean Air Force.
It was officially opened 53 years ago, on February 9, 1967 and its ICAO category is 4F . It owes its name to Arturo Merino Benítez, hero of that country’s aviation, founder of the Chilean Air Club, creator of the Aero-Postal Line Santiago-Arica —which would give rise to the National Airline (LAN, current LATAM) -, first commander-in-chief of the Chilean Air Force (FACh).

The airport is public in nature, and operates under the concession system.

It currently has 35 boarding bridges, 26 remote and cargo parking lots and two runways (17L / 35R and 17R / 35L) capable of receiving even the modern Airbus A380 aircraft, as well as Antonov 225 cargo operations.

This airport is among the most modern and efficient in South America, becoming an important hub for flight connections between South America, the Caribbean, Oceania, North America, Central America, Europe, the Middle East and Asia. Large numbers of airlines operate.
It is the hub or main connection center of LATAM, Sky Airline, One Airlines, Aerocardal and JetSmart. This airport serves as an important hub also for Oneworld and SkyTeam airlines in Latin America and is, at the same time, the gateway to South America from Oceania (due to the number of routes and flights it operates). The new airport is currently under construction, which once completed will be the largest in South America and the most modern in Latin America. Given its geographical location, it stands out for being for many European airlines (Air France, British, Iberia, Level, among others), the longest route they operate. The local LATAM shares the same with the routes to Australia and soon to Germany. On the other hand, it has the two most profitable routes in all of South America, which connect it with Peru and Brazil. It is the only airport in Latin America with flights to Oceania and the South Pacific.

Airport diagram and Charts.

In this page , search the Arturo Merino airport. here you will find all the proc.

SIDS & STARS
The use of Sids and Stars is recommended. You dont need to use them if you dont want.

Suggested routes

Short haul

Airline: Latam Airlines
Route: Santiago (SCEL) - Concepción (SCIE)
Flight time: 1 hour
Aircraft: Airbus A320-200
(referential photo
Route: Santiago (SCEL) - Mendoza (SAME)
Flight time: 45 minutes
Aircraft: Airbus A319-100

Medium haul

Airline: Gol Linheas Aereas
Route: Santiago (SCEL) - Sao Paulo (SBGR)
Flight time: 4 hours
Aircraft : Boeing 737-800

Long haul

Route: Santiago (SCEL) - New York (KJFK)
Flight time: 10 hours 30 minutes (approximate)
Aircraft: Boeing 787-9

Opening Details:
I hope to be able to open the frequency as long as possible, but the reference times would be from 21:00z to 06:00z

Thanks to all those who took the time to read my post, the truth makes me very excited that the people of South America, Chile and everyone could take the time to come to the largest airport in America, I hope you all!
Any extra information you need, do not hesitate to send me a PM, and remember, STAY AT HOME IS THE MOST IMPORTANT

13 Likes

Nice thread Alberto. :)

1 Like

Thanks mate! @ShaneAviation

1 Like

awesome thread!

1 Like

Thanks. Your thread also looks fine!

Love SCEL! The scenery around the airport is just magnificent. I’ll try to come by when I am not controlling :D

2 Likes

Wow! Finally, someone’s opened up an airport in South America. Last time, we did not have any airports in South America!

I will try to come by for for sure, love the scenery around SCEL!

2 Likes

Thanks guys hopping to see you both! @FlyingTarsier @Aniket_Joglekar!

Gran trabajo Alberto 👏

1 Like

Gracias compadre. Deseando verte por aquí.

Hey you all!

I will open tomorrow from 2020-07-19T16:00:00Z2020-07-19T21:00:00Z
These are supossings times, i will see how much time i will stay open!

Nice thread, well thought.

1 Like

Hey!
Now SCEL is closed !

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.