IFATC At Home - Montego Bay - Jaylan Brown

![image|683x455]

Once again our wonderful ATC supervisor has came up with another great idea. In Spite of Stay at Home due to the pandemic, Tyler has made Sunday Stay at Home with IFATC on Infinite Flight. Sunday allows us IFATC to show our spirit from our home countries. IFATC have a variety of controllers the amount of options is endless. Thus I would like to welcome you all to the Montego Bay, Jamaica

Wikipedia Information on MBJ

Sangster International Airport is an international airport located 3 mi east of Montego Bay, Jamaica. The airport is capable of handling nine million passengers per year. It serves as the most popular airport for tourists visiting the north coast of Jamaica. The airport is named after former Jamaican Prime Minister Sir Donald Sangster.

The airport is run by the management company, MBJ Airports Limited, whose leading stakeholder is Grupo Aeroportuario del Pacífico, and minority-owned by Vantage Airport Group. Sangster was privatised and turned over by the Airports Authority of Jamaica to the consortium in 2003.

Due to recent surges in passenger numbers and new routes being added, the airport consortium has taken on a number of projects to rehabilitate the airport in order to cope with the added demand. The airport will be renovating its check-in area which had been left untouched since 2008, as well as re-surfacing aprons, taxiway, and the runway.

![image|830x343] image

MKJS Airport Information

Sangster International Airport in Montego Bay, St. James, was first conceived in 1936 when the site now housing the Sangster International Airport was identified as one suitable for the construction of an airport in the town of Montego Bay. Originally named the Montego Bay Airport, a decision was made to build the runway in 1940, and the actual construction of the facility was completed on 18 February 1947. At the time of its completion, the town of Montego Bay was more like a playground for the rich and famous, and was considered then, one of the premier vacation spots within the Caribbean, just as it is today.

Airport Elevation: 4 ft.

Runway Information:

– Runway: 07 Length x Width: 8735 ft x 150 ft Surface Type: asphalt TDZ-Elev: 4 ft Lighting: Edge, ALS Displaced Threshold: 231 ft Stopway: 200 ft

– Runway: 25 Length x Width: 8735 ft x 150 ft Surface Type: asphalt TDZ-Elev: 7 ft Lighting: Edge, ALS Displaced Threshold

STARs, SIDs,and Other Charts

Click here for more details

Featured SID: **NUBOX 2 **

Featured STAR: TBD

Airport Diagram:

Suggested Routes

Short Haul

Airline: Caribbean Airlines

Route: Montego Bay, JA (MBJ) - Fort-Lauderdale, Florida (FLL)

Flight Time: 1 Hour & 38 Minutes

Aircraft: Boeing 737-800

Flight Plan: MKJS PETSO UL417 BORDO B760 ZBV WAVUN5 KFLL

![image|780x225]

Medium Haul

Airline: Delta Airlines

Route : Montego Bay, JA (MBJ) - Atlanta, Georgia (ATL)

Flight Time: 2 Hours & 50 Minutes

Aircraft: Boeing 737-900

Flight Plan: ELUTU3 EPSIM UM347 ZEUSS Y217 OCTAL Q77 STYMY Q77 SHRKS LAIRI LARZZ JJEDI2

![image|830x308]

Long Haul

Airline: Virgin Atlantic

Route: Montego Bay, JA (MBJ) - London, England (LGW)

Flight Time: 8 Hours & 40 Minutes

Aircraft: Airbus A340-600 / Airbus A330-300 / Boeing 747-400

Flight Plan: GABIS UW6 KEBET UM594 ALBBE UB882 GTK M594 KOZIK M594 AMENO 3200N/05500W 3600N/05000W 3900N/04500W 4200N/04000W 4600N/03000W 4900N/02000W DINIM ELSOX EVRIN L607 NUMPO P2 BEDEK

![image|830x553] image

Terminals

Terminal at MBJ

List of airliners and their destinations below:

This topic was successful with the help of @Kevinsoto1502

17 Likes

Awesome bro hope you enjoy! :)

1 Like

Thanks bro

2 Likes

I’ll post the times that I’ll be operating tomorrow later

Great to see this! Where my family are from so very proud to see this in the schedule😁. Great post and hope you get loads of inbounds and outbounds 🙃.

2 Likes

Thank you bro 😄

1 Like

Overall guys, just look out for me lol
Still not sure of the times😂

MKJS is now Open

Are you doing MKJS or MKJP? I’m en route to MKJP because I saw it’s open.

I’m at MKJS
Someone else is at MKJP

1 Like

Oh ok. I’m flying from TFFF so it’ll be a while. When I get closer I’ll see who is still open (if anyone) and decide where to go. I’m Alitalia 888 Heavy.

1 Like

Rerouting to MJKS

1 Like

Oh ok bro, slowly growing lol

1 Like

I’m 100nm out

1 Like

I’m watching you bro lol

1 Like

I forgot to check if I can land a 772 there lol

1 Like

You good, the largest I’ve seen here is the B747-400