IFATC at Home - Lehigh Valley Int'l (KABE) [CLOSED]

Lehigh Valley International Airport

History

Lehigh Valley International Airport (ABE) was first opened in 1929 as Allentown Bethlehem Easton airport, hence the 3 letter code ABE. It is a very special airport because it is still in its original location! The first scheduled service began in 1935 by United Airlines using their Boeing 247s. During World War 2, the U.S. Navy held training programs for V-5s at ABE! Construction on the current terminal was completed in 1976 but recent renovations in 2009 make the airport feel brand new!

Airlines

There are 4 airlines fly to KABE. Those airlines are United, Delta, American and Allegiant. Beginning in February 2020, Allegiant became the first out of the 4 to have KABE as a pilot and flight attendant hub. The destinations and aircraft are as follows:

Airline Destination Aircraft
American Charlotte (KCLT) CRJ-700
American Chicago (KORD) ERJ-145
American Philadelphia (KPHL) ERJ-145
United Chicago (KORD) CRJ-700
Delta Atlanta (KATL) B717
Delta Atlanta (KATL) CRJ-900
Delta Detriot (KDTW) CRJ-900
Allegiant Fort Lauderdale (KFLL) A320
Allegiant Orlando (KSFB) A320
Allegiant Punta Gorda (KPGD) A320
Allegiant Savannah (KSAV) A320

Pilot Information

When I will be open, please follow the following procedures to simulate as realistic operations as possible!

Airport Diagram & More

Please visit the AOPA page to learn more
https://www.aopa.org/destinations/airports/KABE/details#procedures

Opening Time

I will open KABE on the expert server at 2100Z // 5 PM eastern // 2020-05-10T21:00:00Z2020-05-10T22:30:00Z

Note: I have noticed that this automatic timezone thing doesn’t always correctly work. If it says a different time that I have listed, follow my listed time

If you have any questions, feel free to ask in the thread below!

3 Likes

Hi There! Nice Thread! I will add you to the magical list

1 Like

Me see CLT? Me be there!

1 Like

Awesome! It’s a great route that is flown in real life! See you there!

1 Like

I might fly in! I live in Doylestown only like 45 minutes from Allentown

1 Like

I will be opening in 5 minutes!

I am now open! Come by for some fun!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.