IFATC AT HOME - ISLE OF MAN
Hello / Fastyr mie!
It’s the land of the faeries, motorbike races, unlimited speed limits and occasionally some tax avoidance.
We have only one airport, but Ronaldsway (IOM / EGNS) has served this beautiful Island well for many years.
Warning! Don’t taxi using taxiway echo to RWY 26, you’ll be met with a dead end. Use Alpha instead
– Isle of Man - Manchester (EGNS - EGCC) - Flybe & Loganair
– Isle of Man - Liverpool (EGNS - EGGP) - Flybe, Loganair & Easyjet
– Isle of Man - Gatwick (EGNS - EGKK) - Easyjet
– Isle of Man - Birmingham (EGNS - EGBB) - Flybe
– Isle of Man - Dublin (EGNS - EIDW) - Aer Lingus
– Isle of Man - Edinburgh (EGNS - EGPH) - Loganair
– Isle of Man - London City (EGNS - EGLC) - BA Cityflyer
– Runway 08/26 - 6923 x 151 feet / 2110 x 46 meters
– Runway 03/21 - 4117 x 151 feet / 1255 x 46 meters
– Max B757 (for the odd charter)
– A319 / A320 / Dash 8 / E Jets (IF Aircraft Types)
– Saab 340/2000 / ATR 42/72 / ATP / E145 (Normal operation)
09:00 - 10:00z Jay will have tower open
Between 19:00z and 21:00z on IFATC at Home day, Adam & Jay will be controlling together (Approach and Tower)
FLY THE ARC
And we’re hosting a ‘fly the arc’ competition between 09:00z and 1000z (Tower only). Brush up your DME arc skills using this tutorial - The DME Arc: How its done
We’ll be judging your ARC flying skills out of 10 and will put a ranking table below on this thread, updating it as we can.
DME ARC Chart for RWY26
(Charts sourced from NATS charts )
Aigh vie ort!
We hope to see you all on the Isle of Man this Sunday!!
Adam & Jay