IFATC at Home - India

Thanks to Tyler and his ‘IFATC at Home’ initiative, we Indian controllers take this opportunity to fully staff Delhi (VIDP) and Mumbai (VABB). We will be enforcing real world procedures at these two airports.

Indian IFATC Team

@Prashant_Divedi
@Zuhair.Mazhar
@NiharG
@niks.goen
@Wisaam_Romi
@Jet_Airways_995
@king_ps09
@Pranay
@IFATC-Aditya
@BrandonHG
@Manav_Suri

Delhi-Indira Gandhi International Airport

Indira Gandhi International Airport serves as the major international aviation hub of the Indian capital city of New Delhi as well as India. The airport, spread over an area of 5,106 acres is situated in Palam. Named after former Prime Minister of India-Indira Gandhi. It is the busiest airport in India in terms of passenger traffic since 2009. It is also the busiest airport in the country in terms of cargo traffic, overtaking Mumbai.

Mumbai-Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport

Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj International Airport formerly known as Sahar International Airport, is the primary international airport serving the Mumbai Metropolitan Area. It is the second busiest airport in the country in terms of total and international passenger traffic after Delhi. It was the 14th busiest airport in Asia and 28th busiest airport in the world by passenger traffic in calendar year 2017. Its passenger traffic was about 49.8 million in year 2018. The airport is the second busiest in the country in terms of cargo traffic also. In March 2017, the airport overtook London Gatwick Airport as the world’s busiest airport with only one operational runway at a time.

• We plan to open at 2020-04-05T05:30:00Z.
38 Likes

Amazing!!! I’ll certainly be there… Hopping arnd India!!! Can’t wait!!!

2 Likes

Looks like the perfect day for our pilots! We can’t wait 😄

7 Likes

i will be landing there in 13min

1 Like

Dang both @Manav_Suri and @Prashant_Divedi controlling! In for some quality ATC

5 Likes

Great post and what a wonderful team you have there 😁

3 Likes

Very Nice Manav! I’ll try to be there even if it’s for a local flight!🇮🇳

3 Likes

Ah yes! See you lot at Mumbai tomorrow! 🙌🏽

3 Likes

Oo It’s time to get into India… greetings from a NSV pilot… thanks to @AirIndiavirtual I can explore the whole india… and enjoy quality ATC :)

3 Likes

Awesome thread, can’t wait to fly between these two metropolises!

1 Like

Thanks guys! Can’t wait to see you all there 🙃

1 Like

This will be absolutely perfect! We thank all of you for taking this up.

We will see y’all :)

5 Likes

Hosting event for Aiva with such professional ATC will definitely be a delight !

1 Like

Hi, are you opening soon?

1 Like

Hi, yes! Mumbai is already open. Delhi is on its way.
☝️❤️🇮🇳

2 Likes

There you go, Delhi is open 🥁

1 Like

How long will VABB be opened? According to that I can plan my flight

1 Like

VABB will be open for 10-11 hours, I hope so. We have the man power to pull this off 🤣

1 Like

Awesome! If that is the case, I’m flying into Mumbai twice then 🤣

1 Like

Are you guys still open?

1 Like