IFATC At Home! - Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (KATL) [Status: CLOSED]

Hello Infinite Flight Community users! I’m Shane, and I will be controlling at Atlanta on Sunday! So please, come join me!

About Atlanta :

Atlanta is the capital and most populous city of the U.S. state of Georgia. With an estimated 2019 population of 506,811,[10] it is also the 37th most populous city in the United States. The city serves as the cultural and economic center of the Atlanta metropolitan area, home to more than 6 million people and the ninth-largest metropolitan area in the nation.[8] Atlanta is the seat of Fulton County, the most populous county in Georgia. Portions of the city extend eastward into neighboring DeKalb County. The city is situated among the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains and has one of the highest elevations among major cities east of the Mississippi River.[13] - Source

Hartsfield–Jackson Atlanta International Airport (IATA: ATL , ICAO: KATL , FAA LID: ATL ), also known as Atlanta Hartsfield–Jackson International Airport , Atlanta Airport , Hartsfield , or Hartsfield–Jackson , is the primary international airport serving Atlanta, Georgia. The airport is located seven miles (11km) south of the Downtown Atlanta district. It is named after former Atlanta mayors William B. Hartsfield and Maynard Jackson.[2]ATL covers 4,700 acres (1,902 ha) of land and has five parallel runways.[3][2]

Hartsfield–Jackson is the primary hub of Delta Air Lines, and is a focus city for low-cost carriers Frontier Airlines and Southwest Airlines. With just over 1,000 flights a day to 225 domestic and international destinations, the Delta hub is the world’s largest airline hub.[4][5] In addition to hosting Delta’s corporate headquarters, Hartsfield–Jackson is also the home of Delta’s Technical Operations Center, which is the airline’s primary maintenance, repair and overhaul arm.[6]

The airport has international service within North America and to South America, Central America, Europe, Africa, and Asia. As an international gateway to the United States, Hartsfield–Jackson ranks seventh in international passenger traffic.[7] Many of the nearly one million annual flights are domestic flights; the airport is a major hub for travel in the southeastern region of the country. Atlanta has been the world’s busiest airport by passenger traffic since 1998.[8]

The airport is mostly in unincorporated areas of Fulton and Clayton counties, but it spills into the city limits of Atlanta,[9] College Park,[10] and Hapeville.[11] The airport’s domestic terminal is served by MARTA’s Red and Gold rail lines.

Airport Diagram :

Thank you for viewing this post, and I hope to see you on Sunday around noon! Thank you for any traffic, and make sure to stay safe whilst in these hard times. Wash your hands, wear a mask when out, be careful for the sake of those around you, the pandemic is not over yet! Bye!

11 Likes

Hey there! Awesome thread! I will add you to the list!

2 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes

yesssssss Atlanta

2 Likes

And what time will you be open?

2 Likes

What is this list and how do we get on it?

1 Like

Nice, I will be sure to come by!

2 Likes

About 2pm EST

2 Likes

The list is a collection of IFATC at home threads.

1 Like

I look forward to this, Shane!

2 Likes

Well right and I get Sunday is our local choice but do I have to create a thread to open KOKC?

2 Likes

if you open KOKC i will be really happy since its my local airport

2 Likes

I don’t believe so, but creating a thread does get people engaged and can result in a bigger turn out! It also educates people on where they can fly and overall get a more detailed knowledge on where they would like to fly.

1 Like

You are absolutely right, maybe I should invest some time and create a thread lol. Well done!

@Saharsh I will be opening KOKC but am unsure of the time.

Sorry to take the thread off topic in any way. Thank you for the info.

2 Likes

Hey Shane! Thanks for choosing to open Atlanta! It is my home airport and you can expect me to be there for sure on Sunday!

2 Likes

Atlanta is my favorite city. I have been there like 20 times because it’s only 5 hour away drive and i had family who lived there. Also the airport is amazing!

3 Likes

Awesome! Hopefully I can expect to see you there Sunday!

4 Likes

I’m still on track to open at around 1pm EST! (2020-06-21T17:00:00Z )

3 Likes

I’ve decided that I will open in 5!

3 Likes

Please stop by if you get the chance. :)

2 Likes