IFATC at Home - Denver - @Luke_Sta - Closed

Hey people!

For IFATC at Home, I will be opening Denver International Airport! This thread contains information, procedures, charts, times, and more!

Why Denver? Why should I choose to fly here?

I chose Denver because of it being the main airport I fly out of and my most frequently visited airport. You should choose Denver because of its elevation, variety, and flight frequencies.

Procedures - SIDS, STARS, and Taxi Maps

In the category below, I have put down SIDS, STARS, the primary taxi chart, and taxi information for arrival and departure for all concourses.

Information

The top image shows arrival taxi routes. Tracks and route names will be provided in each sub-category.

Concourse A Arrival Routes

Landing 34R: Vacate the Runway on Foxtrot 8 (F8) or Foxtrot 9 (F9), continue down taxiway FOXTROT (F) to either Alpha November (AN) for the North side of the terminal or Alpha Sierra (AS) for the South side of the terminal. (Orange, Green and Red Tracks)

Landing 35L: Vacate the runway on MIKE 6 (M6) or Mike 7 (M7), continue down taxiway MIKE (M) to either Alpha November (AN) or Alpha Sierra (AS).

Landing 35R: Vacate the runway at Papa 6 (P6) or Papa 7 (P7), if you vacate at Papa 6, follow PAPA to PAPA 7, and DO NOT turn onto Echo Charlie (EC). Follow Papa 7 (P7) to Echo Delta (ED) then make a LEFT turn on MIKE (M). Take MIKE (M) to Alpha November (AN) or Alpha Sierra (AS)
(Purple and yellow tracks)

Landing 26: Vacate the Runway at ROMEO 6 (R6) or Romeo 7 (R7). Continue on Romeo [R] to make a left turn onto MIKE (M) and follow Mike to Alpha November (AN) or Alpha Sierra (AS) (Yellow Track)

Landing 16R: Vacate the runway at DELTA 8 (D8) or Delta 5 (D5). If exited on Delta 8, take a right turn onto DELTA (D) then make a left onto Delta 5 (D5) to avoid crossing 16L/34R. Join WHISKEY BRAVO (WB) and make a right turn on Foxtrot (F). Take Foxtrot (F) to either Alpha November (AN) or Alpha Sierra (AS) to the ramp. (Red Track)

Landing 16L: Vacate the runway at FOXTROT 6 (F6) or Foxtrot 4 (F4). Turn onto Foxtrot (F) and continue down Foxtrot (F) to either Alpha November (AN) or Alpha Sierra (AS). (Green and red tracks)

Landing 17R: Vacate the runway at MIKE 4 (M4) or Mike 5 (M5), turn onto Mike (M). Take Mike (M) to Alpha November (AN) or Alpha Sierra (AS).

Landing 17L: Vacate the runway at PAPA 4 (P4) and turn right onto Papa §. Make a left turn onto ECHO CHARLIE (not marked) (EC) and cross 17R/35L. Turn left onto Mike (M) and continue to Alpha November (AN) or Alpha Sierra (AS) (Pink, purple, and yellow tracks)

Landing 7: Vacate the runway at BRAVO 4 (B4) and continue down it to Foxtrot (F) to either Alpha November (AN) or Alpha Sierra (AS) (Blue and red tracks)

Concourse B Arrival Routes

Landing 34R: Vacate the Runway on Foxtrot 8 (F8) or Foxtrot 9 (F9), continue down taxiway FOXTROT (F) to either Bravo November (BN) for the North side of the terminal or Bravo Sierra (BS) for the South side of the terminal. (Orange, Green and Red Tracks)

Landing 35L: Vacate the runway on MIKE 6 (M6) or Mike 7 (M7), continue down taxiway MIKE (M) to either Bravo November (BN) or Bravo Sierra (BS).

Landing 35R: Vacate the runway at Papa 6 (P6) or Papa 7 (P7), if you vacate at Papa 6, follow PAPA to PAPA 7, and DO NOT turn onto Echo Charlie (EC). Follow Papa 7 (P7) to Echo Delta (ED) then make a LEFT turn on MIKE (M). Take MIKE (M) to Bravo November (AN) or Bravo Sierra (BS)
(Purple, yellow, and red tracks)

Landing 26: Vacate the Runway at ROMEO 6 (R6) or Romeo 7 (R7). Continue on Romeo [R] to make a left turn onto MIKE (M) and follow Mike to Bravo November (BN) or Bravo Sierra (BS) (Yellow and red Tracks)

Landing 16R: Vacate the runway at DELTA 8 (D8) or Delta 5 (D5). If exited on Delta 8, take a right turn onto DELTA (D) then make a left onto Delta 5 (D5) to avoid crossing 16L/34R. Join WHISKEY BRAVO (WB) and make a turn (if needed) on Foxtrot (F). Take Foxtrot (F) to either Bravo November (BN) or Bravo Sierra (BS) to the ramp. (Red Track)

Landing 16L: Vacate the runway at FOXTROT 6 (F6) or Foxtrot 4 (F4). Turn onto Foxtrot (F) and continue down Foxtrot (F) to either Bravo November (BN) or Bravo Sierra (BS). (Green and red tracks)

Landing 17R: Vacate the runway at MIKE 4 (M4) or Mike 5 (M5), turn onto Mike (M). Take Mike (M) to Bravo November (BN) or Bravo Sierra (BS).

Landing 17L: Vacate the runway at PAPA 4 (P4) and turn right onto Papa §. Make a left turn onto ECHO CHARLIE (not marked) (EC) and cross 17R/35L. Turn RIGHT onto Mike (M) (if you have a gate on the north side, if not Echo Charlie becomes Bravo Sierra) and continue to Bravo November (BN) or Bravo Sierra (BS) (Pink, purple, yellow, and red tracks)

Landing 7: Vacate the runway at BRAVO 4 (B4) and continue down it to Foxtrot (F) to either Bravo November (BN) or Bravo Sierra (BS) (Blue and red tracks)

Concourse C Arrival Routes

Landing 34R: Vacate the Runway on Foxtrot 8 (F8) or Foxtrot 9 (F9), continue down taxiway FOXTROT (F) to either Charlie November (CN) for the North side of the terminal or Charlie Sierra (CS) for the South side of the terminal. (Orange and Green Tracks)

Landing 35L: Vacate the runway on MIKE 6 (M6) or Mike 7 (M7), continue down taxiway MIKE (M) to either Charlie November (CN) or Charlie Sierra (CS).

Landing 35R: Vacate the runway at Papa 6 (P6) or Papa 7 (P7), if you vacate at Papa 6, follow PAPA to PAPA 7, and DO NOT turn onto Echo Charlie (EC). Follow Papa 7 (P7) to Echo Delta (ED) then make a LEFT turn on MIKE (M) OR head straight onto Charlie November (CN) . Take MIKE (M) to Charlie Sierra (CS)
(Purple and yellow tracks)

Landing 26: Vacate the Runway at ROMEO 6 (R6) or Romeo 7 (R7). Continue on Romeo [R] to make a left turn onto MIKE (M) and follow Mike to Charlie November (CN) or Charlie Sierra (CS) (Yellow Track)

Landing 16R: Vacate the runway at DELTA 8 (D8) or Delta 5 (D5). If exited on Delta 8, take a right turn onto DELTA (D) then make a left onto Delta 5 (D5) to avoid crossing 16L/34R. Join WHISKEY BRAVO (WB) and make a left turn on Foxtrot (F). Take Foxtrot (F) to either Charlie November (CN) or Charlie Sierra (CS) to the ramp. (Red and green Tracks)

Landing 16L: Vacate the runway at FOXTROT 6 (F6) or Foxtrot 4 (F4). Turn onto Foxtrot (F) and continue down Foxtrot (F) to either Charlie November (CN) or Charlie Sierra (CS). (Green track)

Landing 17R: Vacate the runway at MIKE 4 (M4) or Mike 5 (M5), turn onto Mike (M). Take Mike (M) to Charlie November (CN) or Charlie Sierra (CS).

Landing 17L: Vacate the runway at PAPA 4 (P4) and turn right onto Papa §. Make a left turn onto ECHO CHARLIE (not marked) (EC) and cross 17R/35L. Turn right onto Mike (M) and continue to Charlie November (CN) or Charlie Sierra (CS) (Pink, purple, and yellow tracks)

Landing 7: Vacate the runway at BRAVO 4 (B4) and continue down it to Foxtrot (F) to either Charlie November (CN) or Charlie Sierra (CS) (Blue, red and green tracks)

Cargo and General Aviation aircraft will be sent progressive taxi routes and will most likely be sent to runway 17L/35R or 17R/35L for departure and arrival.

The bottom image shows departure routes. Routes and tracks are provided in each concourse subcategory.

Concourse A Departure Routes

Departing 25: Turn onto Alpha Alpha (AA) or Alpha November (AN) and take it to GOLF (G). Continue down Golf (G) to the runway. (Red track)

Departing 34L: Turn onto Alpha Alpha (AA) or Alpha November (AN). If on Alpha Alpha (AA), continue onto WHISKEY ALPHA (WA) to the runway. If on Alpha November (AN), take a left onto Golf (G) then turn right onto Whiskey Alpha (WA) to the runway. (Red and green tracks)

Departing 34R (limited): Turn onto Alpha Alpha (AA) or Alpha November (AN). Take a right onto Foxtrot (F). Take Foxtrot (F) to FOXTROT 1 (F1) to hold short of the runway. (Red and yellow tracks)

Departing 8: Turn onto Alpha Sierra (AS) or Alpha November (AN). Take a left turn onto LIMA (L). Follow Lima (L) to ECHO ECHO (EE), then turn left onto MIKE (M) to hold short of the runway. (Blue track)

Departing 17L: Turn onto Alpha Sierra (AS) or Alpha November (AN). Take a left turn onto Lima (L). Follow Lima (L) to make a right turn onto ECHO DELTA (ED). Take Echo Delta (ED) to the runway. (Blue and orange tracks)

Concourse B Departure Routes

Departing 25: Turn onto Bravo Sierra (BS) or Bravo November (BN) and take it to GOLF (G). Continue down Golf (G) to the runway. (Red track)

Departing 34L: Turn onto Bravo Sierra (BS) or Bravo November (BN). Take a left onto Golf (G) then turn right onto Whiskey Alpha (WA) to the runway. (Red and green tracks)

Departing 34R (limited): Turn onto Bravo Sierra (BS) or Bravo November (BN). Take a right onto Foxtrot (F). Take Foxtrot (F) to FOXTROT 1 (F1) to hold short of the runway. (Red and yellow tracks)

Departing 8: Turn onto Bravo Sierra (BS) or Alpha November (BN). Take a left turn onto LIMA (L). Follow Lima (L) to ECHO ECHO (EE), then turn left onto MIKE (M) to hold short of the runway. (Blue track)

Departing 17L: Turn onto Bravo Sierra (BS) or Bravo November (BN). Take a left turn onto Lima (L). Follow Lima (L) to make a right turn onto ECHO DELTA (ED). Take Echo Delta (ED) to the runway. (Blue and orange tracks)

Concourse C Departure Routes

Departing 25: Turn onto Charlie Sierra (CS) or Charlie November (CN) and take it to GOLF (G). Continue down Golf (G) to the runway. (Red track)

Departing 34L: Turn onto Charlie Sierra (CS) or Charlie November (CN). Take a left onto Golf (G) then turn right onto Whiskey Alpha (WA) to the runway. (Red and green tracks)

Departing 34R (limited): Turn onto Charlie Sierra (CS) or Charlie November (CN). If on Charlie November (CN), follow it to Foxtrot 1 (F1). If on Charlie Sierra (CS), Take a right onto Foxtrot (F). Take Foxtrot (F) to FOXTROT 1 (F1) to hold short of the runway. (Red and yellow tracks)

Departing 8: Turn onto Charlie Sierra (CS) or Charlie November (CN). Take a left turn onto LIMA (L). Follow Lima (L) to ECHO ECHO (EE), then turn left onto MIKE (M) to hold short of the runway. (Blue track)

Departing 17L: Turn onto Charlie Sierra (CS) or Charlie November (CN). If on Charlie November (CN), follow Charlie November (CN) to Echo Delta (ED). If on Charlie Sierra (CS), take a left turn onto Lima (L). Follow Lima (L) to make a right turn onto ECHO DELTA (ED). Take Echo Delta (ED) to the runway. (Blue and orange tracks)

Taxiway chart: https://skyvector.com/files/tpp/2007/pdf/09077AD.PDF

SIDs and STARS:

These are laid out in a table for each departure runway and what SID/STAR to expect for each runway upon departure or arrival. Not all available SIDs/STARs will be used and be ATC preferred. I personally prefer the RNAV SIDs/STARs as they contain more information (altitudes, speeds, etc.), and will keep those mostly in ATIS to let pilots know that those are the better ones.

SIDs:

Departure runway Avalible SIDs
25 BAYLR6, CHUWY1, CONNR7, COORZ6, DDRTH1, EXWNG1, HHOTH1, PIKES2, ROCKI5, SABTH1, SLEEK1, SMMUR1, SUDDZ1, ZIMMR1
8 CHUWY1, DDRTH1, EEONS7, EMMYS7, EPKEE7, EXTAN6, EXWNG1, HHOTH1, PIKES2, PLAIN1, SABTH1, SLEEK1, SMMUR1, SUDDZ1, YELLO3
17L BAYLR6, CONNR7, COORZ6, EEONS7, EMMYS7, EPKEE7, EXTAN6, PIKES2, PLAIN1, ROCKI5, SABTH1, SLEEK1, SMMUR1, SUDDZ1, ZIMMR1
34L/34R BAYLR6, CHUWY1, CONNR7, COORZ6, DDRTH1, EEONS7, EMMYS7, EPKEE7, EXTAN6, EXWNG1, HHOTH1, PLAIN1, ROCKI5, YELLO3, ZIMMR1

STARS:

Arrival Runway Avalible STARs
7 AALLE1, CLASH1, LAWGR1, NIIXX1, POWDR1, TOMSN8
26 DANDD1, FLATI1, LANDR1, LONGZ1, QUAIL1, SSKII1, TBARR1
16R/16L/17L AALLE1, CLASH1, FLATI1, LAWGR1, LONGZ1, NIIXX1, RAMMS8, SSKII1, TBARR1, TOMSN8
35R/34R/35L AALLE1, CLASH1, DANDD1, FLATI1, KOHOE4, LARKS2, LAWGR1, LONGZ1, NIIXX1, POWDR1, QUAIL1, SSKII1, TBARR1

General information about each concourse

Below, there is general information about each concourse including airlines, gate size restrictions, and more!

Concourse A

Tenants + Gates they use:
American Airlines: A47, A48, A49, A50, A51, A53
British Airways: A33W, A37W, A41W
Delta Air Lines: A24, A25, A26, A27, A28, A29, A30
Frontier Airlines: A31, A32, A33, A34, A36, A38, A40, A42, A44, A46, A52, A60
JetBlue: A31, A33
Lufthansa: A33W, A37W, A41W
United, Frontier, and Southwest (International Arrivals): A31, A33, A35, A37, A39, A41, A43, A45 Sun Country Airlines: A45
Icelandair: A39
United Express: A71, A73, A75, A77, A79, A81, A83
Copa Airlines: A33, A35, A37, A39, A41, A43, A45
AeroMexico: A31, A33, A35, A37, A39, A41, A43, A45
Volaris: A33, A35, A37, A39, A41, A43, A45
Air Canada: A33, A35, A37, A39, A41, A43, A45
Allegiant Air: A45
WestJet: A33, A35, A37, A39, A41, A43, A45
Norwegian: A33W, A37W, A41W

The largest Aircraft allowed is the 747-400 of British Airways or Lufthansa.

Bonus: Frontier “Zoo” Tail Shot! - Yes I know, it’s older.

Concourse B

United Airlines: B11, B14-B53
United Express: B54-B60, B61-B79 odds, B81-95

Largest Aircraft Allowed is the United 787-9/777-200ER

Bonus Concourse B United Airlines Overview of tails

Concourse C

Southwest Airlines - C23-C38, C40-47, C49, C51
Alaska Airlines - C38, C39
Spirit Airlines - C48, C50
United Airlines - C38

Largest Aircraft in the concourse allowed is the Alaska 737-900/Spirit A321

Bonus - 3 Southwest Aircraft, in the best Southwest livery, sit on remote stands near Concourse C

Various NOTAMS:

Runway 17R/35L and taxiway MIKE are back open. 17R/35L is a primary arrival runway, so departures off of this runway will be limited mostly to overflow and cargo aircraft.
Progressive taxi can and will be used by me to direct traffic if needed.
Traffic will be sent to an applicable departure runway due to their destination. (If you need help with this, PM me)

Times I will be open:

I have laid out some times that I should be open for the event. I have also included a probability percentage of what times I’ll be open. All times translate to your local time zone.

Times

2020-07-19T05:15:00Z2020-07-19T06:45:00Z Probability - 100%
2020-07-19T17:00:00Z2020-07-20T01:00:00Z Probability - 75%
2020-07-20T03:30:00Z2020-07-20T06:15:00Z Probability - 90%

Thanks for viewing and I hope to see a lot of you in Denver on Sunday! This took a lot of time and effort to create, so enjoy this!

Image Sources

Image one- Denver’s Roof with a sunset
Images 2 and 3 are mine
Image 4 - Frontier Tails
Image 5 - United Tails
Image 6 - Canyon Blues and Mountains

23 Likes

Can’t wait! Hopefully I’ll be able to stop by!

1 Like

Nice to see some ATC in my home state of Colorado
I will definitely be stopping by

1 Like

I will definitely stop by!

1 Like

Thanks for the support! I do hope to see a lot of you there :)

Heyo kiddos! Denver is now open and will be for the next 2 hours! Stop on by!

Amazing! That clearly took a lot of time to put together, great work luke!

1 Like

All closed up! See y’all again in 9 hours :)

Opened back up! Come on down!

Still open! Come on over to Denver :)

Been open for a while now, great to see some community members :)

I still have 220nm until I get to Denver 😂

Closed for now! I’ll re-open soon

Awesome ATC!

1 Like

Sorry I didn’t open back up - life got in the way.

I hope to see you all again on the next IFATC at home session!

1 Like

Hey all! I’ll be re-using this thread to convey information for Sunday! I don’t know the times yet but I will post an update soon on those times. I hope to see you a lot of you on Sunday!

1 Like

I’ll be doing Denver to Chicago for that whole day so I’ll be in denver a lot. I’m hoping to do the route 7 times.

I WILL MOST DEFINITELY FLY HERE because it’s my FAVORITE airport and I live hereeeeeee

1 Like

Hey All! I have recently gotten wind that Runway 17R/35L has re opened, so I am planning to use it tomorrow!

Some other things:
Added information pertaining to 17R/35L in the thread
Updated times that I will be open tomorrow
Fixed some grammatical errors (😬)
Other small fixes

I hope to see y’all in Denver tomorrow!

1 Like

KDEN is open! I’ll only be here for about an hour but I’ll still be here! Come on down!

1 Like