IFATC at home - Bristol

IFATC at home - Bristol

Hey everyone! I hope you are all doing well right now! As you may already know, IFATC at home is back, so I will open the nearest commercial airport to me, Bristol!

About Bristol Airport

Bristol Airport is the airport which serves the city of Bristol, England! This airport was a former RAF field, and it opened to commercial services back in 1957 as Luslgate Airport. Now, the airport is called Bristol Airport. Bristol Airport. Airlines like EasyJet and Ryanair have bases there. The single terminal there can accommodate up to 8.7 million passengers a year, and it has 16 gates. There is a plan to expand the current terminal so it can accommodate up to 10 million passengers a year and can support up to 16 gatesnot all are jetbridges. If you would like to find out more, you may click here!

Runways
Runway Length
09/27 6760ft (2060m)

Indeed, Bristol Airport definitely has a short runway! Expect runway 27 to be mainly used, as the wind conditions favour that runway. In some circumstances, runway 09 may be used due to the wind. Expect pattern work to be allowed, unless if the visibility is lacking.

Charts

You may find more charts by clicking here!

Suggested routes

Route Flight Time Aircraft Livery
EGGD-EDIW 00:43 B738 RYR
EGGD-EHAM 00:56 E190 KLM
EGGD-LEPA 02:04 A320 EZY
EGGD-GCTS 04:00 B738 TUI
These are just some suggested routes that I can think of, I'm sure you can think of more! You are free to fly the return legs of these routes too!

Restrictions

As you may already know, Bristol has a short runway, so I cannot allow aircraft larger than an Airbus A330 and a Boeing 787 to be allowed. The Boeing 767 family is allowed.

Opening Times

Due to some important work, I will close at 2020-06-21T12:30:00Z and reopen at 2020-06-21T21:30:00Z

If there are any disruptions and the timings will need to be rescheduled, I will update this thread as soon as possible.

Please stop by if you can! Thank you for reading this and stay safe!

Image Credits

Bristol Airport
Bristol Airport Ground Chart Yes, I know I got that image from an addon site but please don’t judge

9 Likes

Always nice to see some of the smaller UK airports getting some love. I’ll try and stop by at some point 😊

1 Like

Thanks for your appreciation!

Ill be doing this backwards. Watch out for a ryanair landing

nah dont worry

ANNOUNCEMENT:

I have the opportunity to open all day, starting from 07:30Z, so expect me to be open for a long time!

2 Likes

A nice tidy airport, I recall from my one jaunt down there. Will soon be inbound from Inverness, via Dublin. See you soon!

1 Like

I can’t even put into words how happy I am to finally see my lil home airport be featured. Hopefully I’ll be home in time to fly in or out!

1 Like

I will probably be open until late, hope to see you there!

1 Like

ANNOUNCEMENT:

Due to some work that I need to catch up with, I’m gonna have to close EGGD temporarily, I will close at 2020-06-21T12:30:00Z2020-06-21T21:30:00Z. I’m very sorry about this

Whoops I happen to be inbound at this time 😥

No worries though!

Edit: Luckily someone else took here. 😊 Well appreciated

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.