IFATC at Home - Austria

Hello all! Servus!

Welcome to Austria’s IFATC at home thread! @Rocco, @Abel_Kocsis and I invite you to come by for some great mountainous and scenic flying with our ATC Service provided alongside!

Airports

Innsbruck

In the middle of the alps, Innsbruck is a thriving Tourist market. It’s Airport is well known for challenging approaches and operating in nearly every conditions from snow, rain to hot summer weather. It’s sole runway 08/26 is 6562ft Long. The largest Aircraft operating at LOWI are the Boeing 757 and a Airbus A321. If winds allow runway 26 will be used as often as possible as it is equipped with an ILS. With over 1,1 Million passengers passing through Innsbrucks doors in 2018, it ranks third in Austria behind Vienna and Salzburg. All routes from Innsbruck can be found in this thread
Innsbruck-Airport-City-Transfers

Vienna

Vienna Airport is Austria’s largest hub. Surpassing 30 Million passengers recently, it is one of Europe’s quickest growing Airports. The recent increase in Low cost carrier destinations further increased growth rates in recent years, putting pressure on the hub’s most dominant carrier, Austrian Airlines.Tip: The Austrian Livery has been implemented in 20.1 ;)

Frequencies

Innsbruck (INN/LOWI): Tower, Ground, ATIS, Center
Vienna (VIE/LOWW): Tower, Ground ATIS, Center

Routes

Especially Vienna hosts a large variety of routes, including Long, short and medium hauls. But Innsbruck as well offers a great mix of scheduled services and charter flights to destionations around Europe. All routes from Vienna can be found here. All routes from Innsbruck can be found in this thread. Our main route however is going to be LOWW-LOWI: (Hopefully) enjoy full ATC Coverage from Gate to Gate and try yourself on the challenging Approach into Innsbruck:

LOWW-LOWI

LOWW WW296 WW383 4736N/1543E IMVOB OSPEN ABRUK SETAL 4719N/1320E NANIT 4726N/1156E 4720N/1151E LOWI

LOWI-LOWW

LOWI WI528 WI529 WI531 WI521 4726N/1156E 4740N/1242E NEMAL NIMDU LIMRA 4754N/1443E GAMLI BARUG WW450 BALAD WW951 LOWW

Procedures

Especially with Innsbruck having a lot of Terrain around Procedures in game should be used at all times and may be required by ATC. If you don’t know how to add These view the tutorial here

Planned Opening Times

We do not have any set Opening times. However we will try to be open as Long as possible throughout the day. We will announce every Opening and Closing of a frequency here in the thread so Keep an eye out ;)

See you all on Sunday!

38 Likes

I love Innsbruck! Is there any chance that LOWZ will be open? I’ll definitely stop by if I can and either one is open.

2 Likes

Looking forward to the times. 😍

2 Likes

good to hear that

2 Likes

Great post, however i think it will be better to specify that Thomson livery is in use on 757

2 Likes

Thank you @Zuhair_Al-ajmi

See you there @WesleyHenrich 😎😎

@Sashaz55 as I am currently the only Austrian IFATC, I am going to stick to LOWI for this one, feel free to hop over to Zell am See In a GA tho 😁😎

@Alexander_Nikitin I am going to keep it under “TUI” as it is easier that divide the TUI group again. I hope it is not too confusing 😬

6 Likes

Hi There! I will add you to the list!

2 Likes

I might be doing EHAM-LOWI-EHRD with a Transavia B738 😊😊😊

1 Like

@MJP_27 thank you so much! I was unaware of the thread before 😀

@Roubsan see you on Sunday! Looking forward to controlling you 😎

2 Likes

Nice. Innsbruck is one of my favourite places to fly to so I’ll see ya Saturday 😆

1 Like

Cool! See you there 🎉🎉😀😎😎

1 Like

Any recommended routes, Vinvent?

2 Likes

Mr Jared they are all wonderful 😎

1 Like

Wow I’m surprised your the only Austrian, on another note Austria is a very beautiful country especially the city of Innsbruck!

2 Likes

Thank you @AmarKoric11 yeah the only Austrian so far, one living abroad (@Rocco hehe) so he is representing Switzerland. But that’s how it is gotta make the best of it 😁

2 Likes

Tomorrow is the day… 😁

3 Likes

You will see me tomorrow bro 😃

1 Like

LOWI Tower and ATIS is now open

4 Likes

I’m inbound right now for Innsbruck. I would like to know which runway will be used for arrivals so that I can prepare my approach.

Easy 8293

2 Likes

Hello! I am using runway 26 for landings!

3 Likes