IFATC At Home - Australia

G’day, and welcome to Australia’s IFATC at home thread. Australia is world famous for it’s natural wonders and wide open spaces, it’s beaches, deserts, “the bush”, and “the Outback”. Our team is dedicated to showing you as much of how much our beautiful country has to offer, so we’re opening up as many airports as possible right from region change at 0600Z. Check it out below!

Melbourne International (YMML)

Melbourne Airport, colloquially known as Tullamarine Airport, is the primary airport serving the city of Melbourne, and the second busiest airport in Australia. It opened in 1970 to replace the nearby Essendon Airport. Melbourne Airport is the main international airport of the four airports serving the Melbourne metropolitan area, the other international airport being Avalon Airport. (Wikipedia)

Sydney International (YSSY)

Sydney (Kingsford Smith) Airport is an international airport in Sydney, Australia located 8 km south of the Sydney city centre, in the suburb of Mascot. It is the primary airport serving Sydney, and is a primary hub for Qantas, as well as a secondary hub for Virgin Australia and Jetstar Airways, as well as a focus city for Air New Zealand. Situated next to Botany Bay, the airport has three runways, colloquially known as the east–west, north–south and third runways. (Wikipedia)

Brisbane International (YBBN)

Brisbane Airport is the primary international airport serving Brisbane and South East Queensland. The airport services 31 airlines flying to 50 domestic and 29 international destinations, in total amounting in more than 22.7 million passengers who travelled through the airport in 2016. (Wikipedia)

Perth International (YPPH)

Perth Airport is an international airport serving Perth, the largest and capital city of Western Australia. It is the fourth busiest airport in Australia measured by passenger movements and falls within the boundaries of the City of Belmont, City of Kalamunda and the City of Swan. Perth Airport and Jandakot Airport, the other civilian airport within the Perth metropolitan area, recorded a combined total of 362,782 aircraft movements in 2017. (Wikipedia)

Adelaide International (YPAD)

Adelaide Airport is the principal airport of Adelaide, South Australia and the fifth-busiest airport in Australia, servicing 8.5 million passengers in the financial year ending 30 June 2019. Located adjacent to West Beach, it is approximately 6 km west of the city centre. (Wikipedia)

Cairns International (YBCS)

Cairns Airport is an international airport in Cairns, Queensland, Australia. Formerly operated by the Cairns Port Authority, the airport was sold by the Queensland Government in December 2008 to a private consortium. It is the seventh busiest airport in Australia. The airport is located 2.3 nautical miles north northwest of Cairns or 7 kilometres north of the Cairns central business district, in the suburb of Aeroglen. (Wikipedia)

Canberra International (YSCB)

Canberra Airport, is an international airport serving Australia’s capital city, Canberra, as well as the nearby city of Queanbeyan and regional areas of the Australian Capital Territory and southeastern New South Wales. Located approximately 8 km from the city centre, within the North Canberra district, it is the eighth-busiest airport in Australia. (Wikipedia)

Gold Coast International (YBCG)

Gold Coast Airport is an international Australian airport located at the southern end of the Gold Coastand approximately 90 km south of center of Brisbane, within South East Queensland agglomeration. The entrance to the airport is situated in the suburb of Bilinga near Coolangatta. The runway itself straddles the state border of Queensland and New South Wales. During summer these states are in two different time zones. The Gold Coast Airport operates on Queensland Time all year round (year-round AEST / UTC+10).

The Team

Airport Controller
YMML @Josh @Declan_O @KaiM
YSSY @Choccymilk @Adam_S
YBBN @TimR @Oliver02
YPPH @TRDubh
YPAD @Chris_Hoss
YBCS @sam2875
YSCB @Ash_Rand
YBCG @Thomas

We will do our best to have the above airports open, however we cannot guarantee they will be open the whole time.
We hope to see you there!

28 Likes

Beautiful 😍.

3 Likes

This will be fun! Looking forward to controlling with you boys!

2 Likes

Can’t Wait

3 Likes

Looking forward to it!

1 Like

MaxSez: I need a “Beer Run” Mates … See u soonest.
Max the Flying “Swagman” Sends

8 Likes

Awesome, I’ll make sure to stop by Perth. I used to live next to City Beach there :)

1 Like

Oh yes 😍 can’t wait

1 Like

Yeh nice 🇦🇺🙌

1 Like

i am going to try to open sydney from region change and keep it open for as long as possible, i am aiming for around 7 hours

1 Like

YMML is open - make sure to come down and say hi!

2 Likes

YPAD is open

4 Likes

YSSY is now open

3 Likes

YBCG Coolangatta Airport is open! Come and visit the best coastline in the world!

NOTAM:

You MUST receive permission to cross runway 17 before entering this junction. There are hold short lines there for a reason.

1 Like

YBBN open - why not try out some local GA flying between YBBN and YBCG?

2 Likes

Darwin (YPDN) Open! Come Explore the top end :)

1 Like

Can i get ATC in YSSY in about 2hrs pls, arriving from KIAH

@DIEGO11 We’re unable to take requests but I guess you’ll have to sleep. Bare in mind that it’s 10:15-12:15am in Australia so there may not be that much availability with the Australian controllers.

Sorry!

2 Likes

Oh, no problem. Thank you :)

1 Like

I have reopened YSSY come do some patterns on 34R