IFATC At Home! - Appleton International Airport (KATW) [CLOSED]

Hello Infinite Flight Community users! I'm Shane, and I will be controlling at Appleton on Sunday! So please, come join me in America's Dairyland!
About Appleton :

“Appleton is a city north of Lake Winnebago, in Wisconsin. Overlooking the Fox River, the 1882 Hearthstone Historic House Museum has original Thomas Edison light fixtures. Nearby, in an old paper mill, the Paper Discovery Center includes interactive displays. The History Museum at the Castle features an exhibit on magician Harry Houdini. To the northwest, Gordon Bubolz Nature Preserve has a nature center and trails.” - Source

Don’t let the picture deceive you! It is Wisconsin’s third busiest airport, barely ahead of the nearby Green Bay International Airport, just 20 miles away.

Appleton International Airport (IATA: ATW , ICAO: KATW , FAA LID: ATW ), formerly Outagamie County Regional Airport ,[2] is an airport located in Outagamie County, Wisconsin, United States, 3 miles west of Appleton in the town of Greenville.[1] Although ATW is an international airport, currently there are no scheduled international flights. Rather, private aircraft arriving in the United States can clear Customs at the airport.

It is included in the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2019–2023, in which it is categorized as a non-hub primary commercial service facility.[3] It is the third busiest of eight commercial airports in Wisconsin in terms of passengers served.[4] In 2016 the airport contributed $676 million to the Northeastern Wisconsin economy.[5][6] In May 2018, Appleton International Airport was the fourth fastest growing airport in the US.[7]

It is the main base of privately owned regional airline Air Wisconsin and was the original home of Midwest Airlines. Midwest Airlines grew out of Kimberly-Clark subsidiary K-C Aviation, which was sold in 1998 to Gulfstream Aerospace,[8][9] which retains a major facility at the airport, focusing on maintenance and interior completions.

The airport attracts people heading back and forth between the EAA’s AirVenture, Air Academy and other programs in nearby Oshkosh. Starting in 2017, the airport began to offer camping for AirVenture.[10] Appleton International is also used for people heading to events at Lambeau Field in nearby Green Bay, most popularly Green Bay Packers games. Most visiting NFL teams also fly into ATW as they stay at the nearby Red Lion Paper Valley Hotel. - Source

Airport Diagram :

Suggested Routes :

KATW - KORD

KATW FAH KOHLL GURNN CHDRR 4319N/8753W ZANDI HOPSS HUNKA 4227N/8818W MADII SOOLU JORJO MONKZ TONIE HAZIL KORD

KATW - KMSP

KATW SHEAY 4454N/9012W CMARO JERMN MUSCL 4502N/9147W BAYKS WOLVS ROZEE KMSP

KATW - KDEN

KATW 4401N/9019W ONL YANKI CAAST CTFSH BRRUK DORSL LIBIE ANCHR LANDR 4021N/10407W HIGUN KIPPR LIPPS KDEN

KATW - KATL

KATW BAE 4235N/8805W OBK CADIZ FATOX BVT BNA NEWBB IHAVE MTHEW MGRIF BBABE 3446N/8533W LEMKE CHPPR MRCHH HRDEY KATL

KATW - KDTW

KATW YULNU 4403N/8650W HOOTA STIDL BUCKE CCRIS 4257N/8430W FRELE SMMNS RKCTY DREME VALLI DOTTI KDTW

KATW - KBNA

KATW BAE 4257N/8813W OBK GUIDO TILMN PXV 3707N/8716W RYYMN PEKIE JONIL OBATE ONUGE KBNA

KATW - KLAS

KATW BUSSE 4324N/9044W MCW ONL SNY EKR SAKES GGAPP 3640N/11355W KSINO 3623N/11427W SITEE CINDA KLAS

KATW - KPIE

KATW BAE DELHI 4150N/8747W PXV BNA LGC HONID HEVVN LEGGT 2842N/8311W TABIR DIPAY DARBS FOOXX DADPE BAYZZ WOBKI GEZZR KPIE

KATW - KSFB

KATW BAE 4237N/8806W OBK CADIZ FATOX BVT TORIO MACES KURTZ IIU SWAPP RESPE WUDEE NOONE ATL 2949N/8232W OCF ALADN CUSAB SHIMM LEESE UXFIM KSFB

KATW - KIWA

KATW DLL HILRO 4354N/9123W ODI FSD ONL KD72A KD66Y KD51U KD39S ZUN CARZO MICHY PRRES 3414N/11027W HUUTY CHEKR ROSEE CNYON BAYTA AEJAY TYLIK SEZUW KIWA

KATW - KMEM

KATW BAE OBK 4145N/8801W RBS MYERZ WHOLL 3558N/9110W HOOOG BRBBQ NESBT KMEM

Thank you for viewing this post, and I hope to see you on Sunday around noon! Thank you for any traffic, and make sure to stay safe whilst in these hard times. Wash your hands, wear a mask when out, stay home for the sake of you and those around you, and please view the CDC and WHO regulations posted on their websites. Bye!

12 Likes

I wonder if fresh butter on runways would be enough to remove the biological creature.

2 Likes

I like your choice of airport, it’s my home airport too!

2 Likes

Nice! I hope to see you then!

Gosh I have to say, this is one of my favorite regional airports of all time. I’ve been here twice actually last year and loved it. We had an AirBnB in Appleton for AirVenture and two weeks prior I flew in and stayed at Pioneer Airport. Amazing town and great vibes! I miss Wisconsin very much. I’ll be sure to come. Great work!

Stucs Pizza is awful if you haven’t tried it

2 Likes

I have not tried stucs, but I guess I won’t 😂. See you soon!

1 Like

Hi There! Nice Thread! What time will you be open!

1 Like

Aiming for 12pm CDT!

Yay! I am definitely flying to KATW!

1 Like

Because I’ve had no time to make a post, if you are looking for another Wisconsin airport some time in the day, I am planning on opening up Milwaukee International Airport. I will try to aim at the same time @Shane is opening to get some GA flights to and from.

2 Likes

Awesome! I love to hear that!

1 Like

Definitely! I know for sure a few people will be doing flights in between such as @JarrettFlies.

1 Like

I will try and pop in from my home airport of KMSN.

2 Likes

Nice! I am fond du lac county so I was pondering between KATW, KOSH, and KMSN. See you then!

2 Likes

Nooooo. Stucs is great! They use lower quality ingredients during AirVenture due to the high demand. (Although with this many people you’d think they would be better 🤔) If you come during the winter their deep-dish is very good. As I am from Oshkosh, and love pizza I think I have a good idea 😂😂. I must say ATW is a great regional airport. Little known fact: we have an airport cow that chews on the grass 😂

1 Like

Yes I will fly between KORD, KMKE, and KATW as long as their is ATC!

1 Like

Just opened at KATW! @AviationReports and I have opened at the same time so if you would like to fly in between ATW and MKE, please do! I will not accept aircraft larger than a Boeing 767. The METAR information is : KATW 101545Z 03015KT 10SM OVC015 03/00 A2999 . Thanks in advance for visiting Wisconsin!

1 Like

How long do you expect to be open for?

2-3 hours probably.

1 Like

@AviationReports How long do you expect to be open?