IFATC at Home - Adolfo Suárez - Madrid Barajas

IFATC at Home: Adolfo Suárez - Madrid Barajas Airport (LEMD)

Once again, IFATC at Home is present in the ATC Schedule for this week. Therefore, controllers will get the chance to open their local airport in the Expert Server.

Adolfo Suárez - Madrid Barajas (MAD/LEMD) is the main international airport serving Madrid. Currently, it´s the country´s busiest airport as well as Europe´s fifth busiest! It is also the second largest ariport in Europe in physical size behind Paris - Charles de Gaulle (LFPG).

The airport acts as a HUB for many airlines: Iberia, AirEuropa, Ryanair… It counts with a total of 5 terminals (T1, T2, T3, T4, T4S).

If you want to add more realism to your flight and see which terminal corresponds to each one of the airlines that have connections to Madrid, click here

My connection

I was orinally born in Long Beach, New York but at the age of 10, due to my parents work relocation, we moved to Madrid. We lived in a town a few minutes away from LEMD that, by the way, offered amazing views of the entire airport due to it´s high elevation. So, in my spare time, I would always go, sit down, open flightradar24 and just watch planes land, taxi and takeoff.

That is why I consider Madrid Barajas as my local airport and I would love to give you ATC services here, although we recently had it featured.

Suggested Routes
All the mentioned airports will be open due to IFATC at Home event, but feel free to fly from any other airport :)

Short Haul

Puente Áereo (LEMD - LEBL): Madrid - Barcelona - Madrid
Flight Time: 1 hour
Aircraft: Iberia A321 / Vueling A320

LEMD - LEZL - LEMD Madrid - Sevilla - Madrid
Flight Time 45 minutes
Aircraft: Iberia A321 / CRJ1000 Air Nostrum

Medium Haul

LEMD - EHAM - LEMD Madrid - Amsterdam - Madrid
Flight Time 2 hours 10 minutes
Aircraft Iberia A321 / KLM 737

LEMD - EDDM - LEMD Madrid - Munich - Madrid
Flight Time: 2 hours 20 minutes
Aircraft: Iberia A321 / Lufthansa A319

LEMD - LAGV - LEMD Madrid - Athens - Madrid
Flight Time: 3 hours 30 minutes
Aircrafts: Iberia A321 / Aegean A319

Long Haul

KORD - LEMD Chicago - Madrid
Flight Time: 7 hours 50 minutes
Aircraft: Iberia 350

KATL - LEMD Atlanta - Madrid
Flight Time: 8 hours 15 minutes
Aircraft: Delta 767

TJSJ - LEMD San Juan - Madrid
Flight Time: 9 hours
Aircraft Generic A330 / Iberia A350

Approach and Departure Charts

LEMD is located 2002 ft MSL and the only ¨risk¨ is the northern arrival, due to Madrid´s mountain range: ¨La Sierra de Guadarrama¨. Therefore, you will find the complete LEMD charts here
LEMD has two runway configurations:

• North Configuration:
    Landing Runways: 32L and 32R
    Departing Runways: 36L and 36R

• South Configuration:
    Landing Runways: 18L and 18R
    Departing Runways: 14L and 14R

IMPORTANT: 14L and 14R must never be used for landing.

(https://vau.aero/navdb/chart/LEMD.pdf)

barajas2

And so without further ado, hopefully I´ll see you tomorrow in LEMD giving you the best ATC service possible.

K-MADRID
7 Likes

Great post! I will try to stop by.

1 Like

Lol may you have to speak with @Kuan_H?

Great post!

2 Likes

Hahaha even better!! LEMD will be open almost all day then :)

1 Like

No problem @itzKeineer

You can take it, I will take somewhere of China with my friends.

2 Likes

Hey there! Nice Thread! What Time Will You Be Open?

Nice post! I really like Madrid. Will try to come along.[quote=“itzKeineer, post:1, topic:434489”]South Configuration: Landing Runways: 36L and 36R[/quote] I‘m just a bit confused, do you mean 18s? 36s don‘t have ILS approach if I remember right.

1 Like

I will open multiple times, can´t say an exact time. But for sure from 9:00Z - 13:00Z

Evening schedule will be confirmed soon ;)

1 Like

Oh yeah, thats wrong. Its 18R and L, thanks for that haha

1 Like

Hey fellow IFATC member! What time will you be opening? Sorry if it was already said!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.