IFATC appreciation post

as you may know, EDDM is quite busy today so I decided to be a bit of a pain and fly from the depths of the Swiss alps to Munich in a TBM, I regret my decision slightly as the whole flight I had to endure a 120 knot direct crosswind and severe turbulence!

IFATC on the Expert server is always great but today they did an excellent job of keeping me at a safe distance from all the XWB’s lumbering around!

At one point, Lufthansa 318 was at my 7 o’clock, flying a heading straight towards me at 9000 feet, and I was descending to 8000 but had to hold 10000 to avoid a collision! Seconds later ATC instructed me to hold 10000 as well. Photos below:

14 Likes

If this was just now, you probably have to thank @RoyalJordanian and…me! I remember your TBM on final very clearly…and your slow approach speed allowed me to get a ton of departures out expeditiously. Great shots too! Thanks for the support :)

2 Likes

No problem, yes it was indeed! I made sure to keep my speed up until about 7nm out to keep well ahead of G-ORAN as a Trent XWB colliding with my face is not ideal…

1 Like

Nice pictures, it’s very nice to see that IFATC are appreciated instead of people who moan. Hope you had a good flight.

3 Likes

I’m not sure my virtual passenger enjoyed severe turbulence for an hour and a half but the views of the glaciers were nice and I enjoyed my 30 min long approach haha

2 Likes

Sure beats the classic ghosting complaint :))

2 Likes

No sir, i should thank you for the great professionalism and self awareness you have, such a great to have people like you in my freq.
even though it was a difficult session for me due to the winds and high speed for other people.
Sorry if any confusion happened.

3 Likes

No confusion, don’t worry! I just need some landings to hoist myself up to grade 5 again :(

2 Likes