IF787's ATC Tracking Thread - [CLOSED] @ N/A

Hey! I’ve started an ATC thread because I am looking to improve my controller skills. As of right now, this is just for self practice, and I’m not planning on testing for IFATC yet, although maybe at some point in the future. Any feedback is greatly appreciated! I hope that I can get a few planes in the air to practice my sequencing.

-Training Server
-Tower & Ground

Airport suggestions?
I’ll list them here:

5 Likes

OPEN @ KICT
NOTAM: No commercial aircraft larger than a 777

1 Like

I’ll come and do some pattern work:)

2 Likes

Would you like your feedback on here or in a dm?

1 Like

On this thread would be fine

2 Likes

Okay.

Good things:

• Good ground commands
  • Great clearing for the option early

Things to work on:

• When clearing me for the option on the same runway, you don’t need “make right/left traffic” it gives you this instruction on take off. You need it for runway changes and inbound traffic though, so when i changed runway, it was correct to issue it then.
  • The “extend upwind/downwind” and “maintain best forward speed” were completely unnecessary as there’s no aircraft around. Though i understand you may have been trying out the commands

Under both:

• “ avoid sending duplicate messages” ik what you meant but it should be “you’ve already been instructed to change frequency”
    (not a major issue)

• You gave an exit runway command which is good but it was a little late (at around 40knots) should aim to give it at 70 for jets. Good job on doing one though!

Overall, a great start, and you had good control of the airspace.

3 Likes

The duplicate messages I messed up on, as well on the make right/left traffic, the extend up/down wind were to give you more time to turn, as on one there was a sharp turn, and pattern speed for med/large aircraft is 200ias, and I saw 240gs, so that was the maintain best forward speed.

2 Likes

I appreciate the feedback!

2 Likes

oh and the exit runway thing, I was on ground with a pushback request didn’t pay attention to your spped until later, my bad

2 Likes

No worries. Been there myself - it’s far from a major issue, especially as there was no one on final. That probably should’ve come under both aswell!

2 Likes

If you are still open, I will stop by! :)

2 Likes

yep, still open

2 Likes

Thanks for the service today, just a few of notes.

1). Transition altitude could’ve been 4,000 rather than 5,000. PM me for more info if you need it.

2). For my last runway change, you forgot to give me a pattern entry.

3). Go-around was not required.

4). Some clearances could’ve been earlier.

Other than the above, you did awesome! Good luck on becoming an IFATC (when you plan on taking the test later)!!!

2 Likes

Please PM transition info, I am not familiar with it, sorry about the pattern, I messed up there, go around was because you didn’t have gear down, and I was slow to give clearance for rwy 14, sorry about that!

2 Likes

Not a problem! I had gear down, but it is okay. I will PM you shortly.

2 Likes

oh…, well it didn’t appear for me, but oh well, thanks for the feedback!

2 Likes

Oh, and one more piece of feedback. Rather than saying exit runway right when able, you should’ve said exit runway any because there were exits on both sides of the runway. :)

2 Likes

Ok, wasn’t sure, thanks

2 Likes

Open @ CYWG
NOTAM:
-Wind 280°@05KT
-Runways 31 and 36 in use

1 Like

I am coming😉

2 Likes