IF787's ATC Tracking Thread - [CLOSED] @ N/A

Hey everyone,
So I am looking to eventually join IFATC one day, but right now I am fairly new to controlling and will get to tsatc once I feel confident enough. I would like some feedback to improve my skills.
Any constructive advice and tips are welcomed. To start I will only be open on Tower for today for about 20-30 minutes

1 Like

Please add [OPEN] or [CLOSED] (whatever applies) to the title of your topic to let people know if you are open or closed

Thanks

-Alpha

1 Like

Thanks! I have added that

1 Like

Didn’t really even get open, but have an errand to run, will most likely open tomorrow for an hour. Any suggestions on a good airport to open?

1 Like

KSAN is a decent airport with a fair bit of traffic, although it only has 1 runway, and most of the traffic goes DCT to KLAX

1 Like

KSAN is a great 1 runway airport to practice on! The only problem is that it is somewhat popular to control so you’re not guaranteed to get an ATC spot at any time. KNUC is a great backup option as I hardly see anyone controlling it and it gets probably the same amount of traffic as KSAN. The only thing is that it is a military airfield so letting commercial aircraft landing there isn’t very realistic. Also I don’t think KNUC’s parking area is equipped to hold large aircraft (there may be one large parking spot but that’s it). So you might have to reject the occasional “super” or “heavy” aircraft that wants to land.

1 Like

Back open at KNUC!
Open for 20-30 minutes

I could really use some feedback on my skills!

I am coming N186BC

1 Like

Okay a few things

1. You have to give clearance you did not give me clearance Twice.

2. The turn base and enter right downwind calls were unnecessary.

3. Sequencing You have to sequence check out the video below.

4. When @DaniCP Requested takeoff once I took off you could have told him to take off not line up and wait.

The Perfect ATC Test

1 Like

Clearance for what? for option to land?

1 Like

Clearance for the option.

1 Like

So no turn base, pilots handle that, and the right downwind… ok.
I wasn’t sure how long you were going to stay on the ground and you are a prop and he was in a 737… so naturally the 737 would fly faster. I just wanted to be safe on spacing. Had it been a crowded airport, I would have cleared him for takeoff right away.

1 Like

Hey. Sorry, I forgot to give you my feedback…

Extend upwind was unnecessary too.

As @Sashaz55 said, you need to work on sequences, clearances, etc.

Continue practicing and I recomend you to see all ATC videos on youtube.
Regards. Dani.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.